none
High Disk Allocation issue. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I do have a DPM 2012 R2 on my environment to take the backup of client laptops. I have allocated 10 GB per laptop and no.of laptop is around 400. I have separated the space or total of 10 TB, on my DPM Storage. But now I am facing issue that all of my disk is allocated but used is only around 1 TB. I have shared the snap of my DPM report. Request for your help, how can i reduce the DPM allocation space. Due to low space remaining, we are having issue that our backup is not happening recently.

Request for your support.

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 10:05 AM

All replies

• You can only shrink the space allocate for recovery points. Shrinking the space allocated for replica points is not supported. If you have to shrink that too you have to delete the disk based recovery points, losing backups for that system and recreate the backup with better disk allocation. It is best to use thin provisioned disk storage systems for DPM storage.
    Wednesday, October 14, 2015 3:06 PM
  • Hi Marcus,

This is my production environment. Is there any possibility that without making impact on production environment solving this issue?.

Thanks

Sunday, October 18, 2015 10:19 AM