DNS MP Discovery RRS feed

• Question

• I've imported the latest DNS MP in my test environment. 

However, I can't seem to get it to actually do anything.

Run As for the MP has been created and distributed.

The account is a member of DNS Admins and that group is allowed log on locally. 

I've flushed health state cache and restarted the agent.

Under Object Discoveries, discovery is enabled (by default) for all entries except 2016 and legacy 2003-2008R2 discovery.

Can someone please tell me what I am missing?

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 9:42 PM

All replies

• Hey,

do you see some errors (events) on your management servers or the DNS servers (Operations Manager event log), which are related to failing discovery? Please check both Mgmt servers and agents and post back the related events. Something should be logged if discoveries are failing.

Thanks and Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!)

Thursday, November 3, 2016 8:38 AM
  • Well, looks like it is a non-issue. Sort of. My lab environment is screwed up somehow. Had issues a few weeks ago with group policy as well. I put the MP in my production environment, assigned an action account and it picked the DNS servers up with no issue. Thanks for your suggestions, Stoyan.

Thursday, November 3, 2016 4:16 PM
  • Hi Sir,

Thanks for your sharing .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 5, 2016 1:13 PM