locked
Multi value lookup columns disappear in datasheet view - MOSS 2007 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello there,

    I have understood that the multi value lookup columns in custom lists cannot be viewed in datasheet view, through some of the forums in MSDN. Just wanted to know if there is a fix available for the same in MOSS 2007 currently.

    Thanks


    Regards, Laks
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:13 PM not a programming q (From:SharePoint - Development and Programming (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 12:01 PM

Answers

  • Hi,

     

    According to your description, I'm not sure you are experiencing the same problem, however, we have found the following:

    1.    The columns that are not showing in datasheet view are Lookups with the "Allow Multiple Values" option.

    2.    We can load the "Access Web Datasheet" component from Access 2007 on a client machine and that appears to correct the problem.

    3.    We have not been able to get the "Export to Excel" to work at all and have not a yet found an interim solution.

    Obviously, using the Access Component is not a desirable solution since it requires an Access 2007 license, but, in a per user, emergency situation it will have to do.

    We are coming to the conclusion that the only solution is to upgrade to
    Excel 2007 (which is not going to happen within a reasonable time frame) unless Microsoft takes pity on us and supplies us with some interim, cost effective fix.

    In addition, I have found a thread to be similar to your problem, please refer to:

    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepointcustomization/thread/838f6bab-34c2-4f8b-87a9-20c49268affb

     

    Best Regards
    David Hu
    • Marked as answer by Luckman81 Thursday, June 2, 2011 9:29 AM
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 3:31 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

     

    According to your description, I'm not sure you are experiencing the same problem, however, we have found the following:

    1.    The columns that are not showing in datasheet view are Lookups with the "Allow Multiple Values" option.

    2.    We can load the "Access Web Datasheet" component from Access 2007 on a client machine and that appears to correct the problem.

    3.    We have not been able to get the "Export to Excel" to work at all and have not a yet found an interim solution.

    Obviously, using the Access Component is not a desirable solution since it requires an Access 2007 license, but, in a per user, emergency situation it will have to do.

    We are coming to the conclusion that the only solution is to upgrade to
    Excel 2007 (which is not going to happen within a reasonable time frame) unless Microsoft takes pity on us and supplies us with some interim, cost effective fix.

    In addition, I have found a thread to be similar to your problem, please refer to:

    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepointcustomization/thread/838f6bab-34c2-4f8b-87a9-20c49268affb

     

    Best Regards
    David Hu
    • Marked as answer by Luckman81 Thursday, June 2, 2011 9:29 AM
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 3:31 AM
  • Thank you so much, David !
    Regards, Laks
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 9:29 AM