No longer have Open With Access menu item RRS feed

• Question

• I have a solution on SP 2007 that I maintain.  Once a year it is necessary for me to "Open with Access" and make a backup copy of the data in a list.  This year that option is not showing up for me.  I have Windows 7 64-bit, IE 10, Access 2010, and Moss 2007, the same setup I had last year, though I did get a new workstation in the last year so some installations may be different.  I'd appreciate any ideas on what to look for.

There are no mistakes; every result tells you something of value about what you are trying to accomplish.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 5:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• An Office repair took care of making the menu item usable, but now I am getting the following error when I actually try to export to Access: Export to database failed.  To export a list, you must have a Windows SharePoint Services-compatible application.

I have the complete Office Professional 2010. I also have the following 2013 products: SharePoint Designer, Project 2013,  and Visio 2013.  I am on Windows 7 64-bit.

There are no mistakes; every result tells you something of value about what you are trying to accomplish.

• Proposed as answer by Hemendra AgrawalModerator Thursday, August 21, 2014 6:21 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by run4it Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:21 PM
    • Edited by run4it Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:25 PM
    Wednesday, August 20, 2014 6:46 PM
  • I found this workaround if anyone has this issue.  Just a different way to accomplish the same thing.

http://www.austinsinkspot.com/backups-list-items-with-attachments/

Friday, August 22, 2014 10:49 PM