none
Editing a custom form file on exchange server? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I need a simple question answered to help me with a support issue...

When you install a "Custom Form" into an Exchange Server 2003  Organizational Forms Library via Outlook, where do the custom form files get stored on the exchange system and can you access them to edit them?

I have a problem where by one of the custom form files has been quarantined by my exchange server virus scanner and replaced by a "QUARANTINE.TXT" file that says the original file could not be scanned.  The AV tool is unable to re-initiate the original file, or restore it back to its original location. 

So I re-installed the form and this time there was no reports that the file was re-quarintined, however when I download the form to Outlook, I get the same original QUARANTINE.TXT file. 

Thanks

Monday, November 19, 2012 4:49 PM

Answers

• They are stored in public folders, in the system folders, under \NON_IPM_SUBTREE\EFORMS REGISTRY\.  You can use Outlook to manage them.  If you have all the original forms, you could delete everything from the folder, create a new one, and install the forms again.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244591?wa=wsignin1.0

That might not be the best approach.  Perhaps you can use a tool like MFCMAPI or PFDAVAdmin.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Monday, November 19, 2012 6:10 PM