none
about clone my hdd RRS feed

• Question

• I have 4 hdd in my sytem now and all work perfect, I would like to replace my main C drive with a better and faster drive, is there software that will let me install the new drive in my system and then clone everything from my main c drive to the new drive then shut down my system and remove my main c drive and move the new cloned drive to the sata port that my original main c drive was and then boot up my system with no problems? I don't really want to re-install windows on a new drive if I don't have to as I have no problems I just want a new and faster drive. I am going to buy 2 WD VelociRaptor 1 for my main c drive and one for all my games (48 at the moment) my 4 current drives are Seagate Barracudas, all are 500gb and the WD I want are going to be 500gb also, all my drives are currently running in AHCI mode in the bios. thanks for any help and advice, also is it worth switching to the WD? I do not want a ssd.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 1:24 AM

All replies

• Aomei Backupper will do the job.

It support system/partition/disk backup and partition/disk clone. 

http://www.backup-utility.com/features/?adb

In any case,It is well worth a try.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 9:42 AM
  • If your C is only for system drive, you can replace your Primary drive with the new one and add the existing one as secondary, then you can easy to copy all data back to the new one.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 2:42 PM
  • If it has Windows Installed you can create a Disk Image and restore that with the Recovery Disk.

Both can be founded native on Windows, just type on start > search bar > Restore your Computer

Any detailed help in how execute any of the procedures mentioned, please, feel free to ask me here.

Best Regards,

Sergio Figueiredo

Friday, December 6, 2013 5:28 PM