Dishonored game crashing with a BEX error at start up RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have this problem with the game dishonored which keep crashing when it started with a BEX error. The Technical Stuff had walk me through all methods to solve it but to no avail, including trying to disable DEP on the program which prompts that it need DEP. They found that it could be MS OS issue, and ask me to contact Microsoft for further advise. Thanks.

Saturday, May 30, 2015 3:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Beonicus,

Did the game work well before? Will the issue only occur with the specific game? What steps you have tried to resolve the issue ,reinstalling the game included?
    If it is possible, please post the exact detalis of the error messages here.

BEX indicates a buffer overflow (/GS) or Data execution prevention exception and it is mostly related to memory.
    I made a research about the requirements of playing this game and the 4G ram is necessary. Have you checked that?

We can try to perform a clean boot to verify whether there is a third party conflict.
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 1, 2015 6:24 AM