Microsoft. Unix.Library is missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Microsoft. Unix.Library is missing. That's why i cann't import any cross platform dependent MP in SCOM 2007 R2.

Error:

Unix Core Library could not be imported.

If any management packs in the Import list are dependent on this management pack, the installation of the dependent management packs will fail.

The requested management pack was invalid. See inner exception for details.

Parameter name: managementPack

I have already repair SCOm 2007 R2 setup but still it's missing.

Please suggest  or any help.

-Taslima

Sunday, May 8, 2011 8:26 AM

Answers

• You could restart the RMS system center xxx services (carefull, everybody will loose connection to scom console if you restart all three of them) and try to import it again from the catalog. Perhaps it is just a hickup.

Or next step you could download and install SCOM CU4. During this procedure you will import updated management packs from the C:\Program Files (x86)\System Center 2007 R2 Hotfix Utility\KB2449679\ManagementPacks . After this try to import the unix core mp again.

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My BICTT Blog)
    Monday, May 9, 2011 9:44 AM
  • Hi

On your RMS, go to \Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007 - you'll see it listed there and should be able to import it.

Cheers

Graham

View OpsMgr tips and tricks at http://systemcentersolutions.wordpress.com/
    • Marked as answer by Dan Rogers Monday, May 9, 2011 3:46 PM
    Monday, May 9, 2011 3:09 PM

All replies

• Hi, could you or a moderator change this thread to a Question type thread?

So on to your question...

if you go to scom administration - management packs -> import management packs. select from catalog. Type UNIX to search for. expand the list and you will see the unix core library and several others listed there. You will see a few more as well, like the unix view library and a few for templates. I would take all of these general MP's. And of course after this you can check what kind of cross plat you want to be monitoring (Redhat or Sun or....).

Sunday, May 8, 2011 9:16 AM
  • Hi BOb,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried to import MP as per your instruction but fail to import and error is same.

I think we are missing UNIX base library(where new MP versionis is dependent ) some how it was delete/miss.

Can I install SCOM 2007 R2 CU4 to update Management server and cross platform related update? 

Need your help regarding this issue please.

-Taslima

Sunday, May 8, 2011 11:58 AM
  • So you say you can not import the "unix core library" mp because of dependencies?

Alright, just checking on my test box I see dependencies on the following: Health Library + Performance Library + System center core library + system center internal library + system library + windows core library + ws-management library. In my case the third and last of these are at a higher level (CU4). Check if you have these already in your list. If not, you will need to install those prereq mps.

Yes, you can update the whole installation (management server, sql scripts, and other scom server-side parts) and see if that helps for importing this management pack. Make sure you follow the documentation while upgrading. Be carefull with upgrading all the agents. Check this post for more links and information and follow it. http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2011/02/01/opsmgr-2007-r2-cu4-rollup-hotfix-ships-and-my-experience-installing-it.aspx 

Sunday, May 8, 2011 12:26 PM
  • Hi Good Day.

I have checked and all MPs are already in My list.

"unix core library" dependency -

Lets an explain, When We want to import windows server 2003 OS monitoring MP or whaterer we want to update previous os monitoring MP version to new version need "windows core library" dependent MP. As like when we want to import/update Linux,Solaris Monitoring MP need "unix core library" MP. Am I right??? And now I have no unix core library MP in My MP list. What can I do?

Thanks again for your nice cooperation.

-Taslima

Monday, May 9, 2011 9:33 AM
  • You could restart the RMS system center xxx services (carefull, everybody will loose connection to scom console if you restart all three of them) and try to import it again from the catalog. Perhaps it is just a hickup.

Or next step you could download and install SCOM CU4. During this procedure you will import updated management packs from the C:\Program Files (x86)\System Center 2007 R2 Hotfix Utility\KB2449679\ManagementPacks . After this try to import the unix core mp again.

Monday, May 9, 2011 9:44 AM
  • Hi

On your RMS, go to \Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007 - you'll see it listed there and should be able to import it.

Cheers

Graham

View OpsMgr tips and tricks at http://systemcentersolutions.wordpress.com/
    • Marked as answer by Dan Rogers Monday, May 9, 2011 3:46 PM
    Monday, May 9, 2011 3:09 PM
  • Yes this is a location of that mp where it is placed at installation. If you fear you cant get the right mp from the catalog you can try to import it from disk from here.
    Monday, May 9, 2011 4:01 PM
  • Hi Bob,

We have successfully imported Unix Mp as per your solution.

"you could download and install SCOM CU4. During this procedure you will import updated management packs from the C:\Program Files (x86)\System Center 2007 R2 Hotfix Utility\KB2449679\ManagementPacks . After this try to import the unix core mp again."

Thanks a lot for your nice cooperation.

-Taslima

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:51 AM
  • Thanks Taslima, Could you mark the answer?
    • Marked as answer by TaslimaAkter Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:08 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by TaslimaAkter Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:08 AM
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 4:15 PM