unable to start ApplicationServer , response group not working RRS feed

• Question

• hi 

i have enterprise voice working finr.

just deployed a response groups (single standard edition server all in one box). for the time being just deployed basic hunt group but calls weren't delivered to it  from clients on the other side of trunk. clients from other side of trunk can dial other enterprise voice enabled users.

i checked application server is stoped . trying to start it for a while it says start pending then it again stops.

After server reboot while in Lync control Panel under Topology > Status  the ApplicationServer is shown as ok but when i stop it and start it it doesn't starts and below error is shown in event logs

getting below log in evet viewer.

Lync components are at latest versions.

please advise

The Application Host failed to start an application.

The Application Host could not start the application urn:application:testbot. Exception information: Exception: Microsoft.Rtc.ApplicationServerCore.ApplicationServerMethodTimeoutException
    > ErrorCode: 2
    > Message: The method call CallStartAsync failed due to The method timed out.
    > TargetSite: Void CallMethod()
    > StackTrace:    at Microsoft.Rtc.ApplicationServerCore.ApplicationMethodCaller.CallMethod()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.ApplicationServerCore.ApplicationHost.CallApplicationStart()
    > Source: Microsoft.Rtc.ApplicationServerCore
    Cause: Startup errors.
    Resolution:
    Check the events prior to this to resolve the service startup issue.

• Edited by Kproic Saturday, September 2, 2017 10:56 PM
    Saturday, September 2, 2017 8:40 PM

Answers

• ok i found the solution.

got a clue from below post.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/726c9f10-5839-4303-a688-de4dcc9756a7/lync-response-group-cant-signin?forum=lyncprofile

when i checked windows services console there was no service for lync rgs. so i ran setup from lync installation media and the service appeared but it was stopped ,restarting the service didn't worked . rebooted server all was ok.

• Marked as answer by Kproic Sunday, September 3, 2017 11:30 AM
    Sunday, September 3, 2017 11:29 AM

All replies

• ok i found the solution.

got a clue from below post.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/726c9f10-5839-4303-a688-de4dcc9756a7/lync-response-group-cant-signin?forum=lyncprofile

when i checked windows services console there was no service for lync rgs. so i ran setup from lync installation media and the service appeared but it was stopped ,restarting the service didn't worked . rebooted server all was ok.

• Marked as answer by Kproic Sunday, September 3, 2017 11:30 AM
    Sunday, September 3, 2017 11:29 AM
  • Hi Kproic,

I am glad to hear that your issue has been resolved, and thanks for your sharing, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 4, 2017 2:00 AM
  • Hi Kproic,

I am glad to hear that your issue has been resolved, and thanks for your sharing, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Hi Alic,

I think it was too early to say its resolved.

while upon a clean reboot all services are started and lync CP is showing all ok.

but when i stop all services from lync cp and try to start all the ApplicationServer service wont start. though the service is started in windows services console. but in lync console its down. tried restarting in winows services console and lync topology in CP but it will show as started in windows services and show a Server with a red dot in CP

also tried stopping all services and then using deployement wizard to start services same issue.

getting below error however my RGS is working .. 

The Application Host failed to start an application.

The Application Host could not start the application urn:application:testbot. Exception information: Exception: Microsoft.Rtc.ApplicationServerCore.ApplicationServerMethodTimeoutException
    > ErrorCode: 2
    > Message: The method call CallStartAsync failed due to The method timed out.
    > TargetSite: Void CallMethod()
    > StackTrace:    at Microsoft.Rtc.ApplicationServerCore.ApplicationMethodCaller.CallMethod()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.ApplicationServerCore.ApplicationHost.CallApplicationStart()
    > Source: Microsoft.Rtc.ApplicationServerCore
    Cause: Startup errors.
    Resolution:
    Check the events prior to this to resolve the service startup issue.

• Edited by Kproic Monday, September 4, 2017 6:19 PM
    Monday, September 4, 2017 6:16 PM