Folder Option disappear, File name and file type disappear RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I've serious issue with my windows vista business 32 bit.
    I can't able to find Folder option and when saving file on MS word  or notepad it doesn't display me to write Filename and file type

Any ideas guys, I am login with administrative rights

Thanks for help and advice

Regards

Ayaz

ayaz
    Friday, March 27, 2009 9:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Ayaz, thanks for the post. Before we go further, can you provide a screenshot on this issue? For Folder Option issue, this can be caused after an virus infection, we can first try the following steps to modify registry and see the result:

1.       Click Start, go to Start Search, type regedit and press Enter.
    2.       Locate the following entry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \

3.       Double click on NoFolderOptions and change the value to 0.
    4.       Restart the computer and check the result.

Meanwhile, you can also check if the following issue is similar to the current one. If so, you can check if the solution can be applied:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/06/04/missing-file-and-folder-names-in-windows-vista-explorer-large-icon-and-details-view-easter-egg-or-bug/

For information about Security updates, visit the Microsoft Virus Solution and Security Center for resources and tools to keep your PC safe and healthy. If you are having issues with installing the update itself, visit Support for Microsoft Update for resources and tools to keep your PC updated with the latest updates.

Hope this helps!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sean Zhu - MSFT

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 3:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Ayaz, thanks for the post. Before we go further, can you provide a screenshot on this issue? For Folder Option issue, this can be caused after an virus infection, we can first try the following steps to modify registry and see the result:

1.       Click Start, go to Start Search, type regedit and press Enter.
    2.       Locate the following entry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \

3.       Double click on NoFolderOptions and change the value to 0.
    4.       Restart the computer and check the result.

Meanwhile, you can also check if the following issue is similar to the current one. If so, you can check if the solution can be applied:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/06/04/missing-file-and-folder-names-in-windows-vista-explorer-large-icon-and-details-view-easter-egg-or-bug/

For information about Security updates, visit the Microsoft Virus Solution and Security Center for resources and tools to keep your PC safe and healthy. If you are having issues with installing the update itself, visit Support for Microsoft Update for resources and tools to keep your PC updated with the latest updates.

Hope this helps!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sean Zhu - MSFT

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 3:11 AM
  • Hi

Thanks for your comments

Is that possible to provide you screen shots here Or do you want me to email you

I've checked above link you provided and with that help I managed to find some informationa about it. But I have got serious problem

And I do have Mcfee Antivirus running on my computer all the time.

I would really like to send you  picture first , is there any way

Thanks

Ayaz

ayaz
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 10:28 AM