The MMC of System Center Essentials is crashing - fix without restart? RRS feed

• Question

• The MMC of System Center Essentials is crashing  once a day - is there a solution to get it running again without restarting the whole server.

System: W2K8 Server
    SCE: 2007 SP1

Regards Andy
    Monday, April 6, 2009 6:15 AM

Answers

• Hi Andy,

Did you mean that the SCE console crashes once a day? Is it a stand-alone console or the console on SCE server? Is there any regular interval or operation? What is the error message shown when it crashes?

Also, please run the Event Viewer and check if any error message was logged in Operations Manager events when the crash happens.

As a general suggestion, try the following KB to see if it helps:

The Root Management Server (RMS) of System Center Operations Manager 2007 Service Pack 1 or Essentials 2007 Service Pack 1 becomes unstable or unusable if a management pack is imported

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951526/en-us

Thanks,

Yog Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Monday, April 13, 2009 10:38 AM
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 9:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Andy,

Did you mean that the SCE console crashes once a day? Is it a stand-alone console or the console on SCE server? Is there any regular interval or operation? What is the error message shown when it crashes?

Also, please run the Event Viewer and check if any error message was logged in Operations Manager events when the crash happens.

As a general suggestion, try the following KB to see if it helps:

The Root Management Server (RMS) of System Center Operations Manager 2007 Service Pack 1 or Essentials 2007 Service Pack 1 becomes unstable or unusable if a management pack is imported

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951526/en-us

Thanks,

Yog Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Monday, April 13, 2009 10:38 AM
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 9:24 AM
  • Hey,

there is no event in the event log.

Windows 2K8 Server tells me, that the application hast an error - an gives the options to search for solutions or to end the program.

I have the restart the server, to start the console again.

I'll try the KB - hope it will work,

Regards Andy
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 4:55 AM