none
SCCM 1902 - SUP not downloading Windows 10 1903 updates RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello.

I have SCCM 1902 in my environment and have SUP configured with Windows 10 version 1903 products (and WSUS too). In my WSUS theres some Windows 10 1903 updates:

WSUS:

SUP (All classifications selected and some products, included Windows 10 1903. Sync with Microsoft every 12 hours)

But in my SCCM in Software Updates/ All Software Updates theres no Windows 10 1903 updates. When I go to wsyncmgr.log theres a lot of this line:

Skipped update 55f59595-aafe-482b-9c97-1b4d11696290 - Feature update to Windows 10 (consumer editions), version 1903, en-us x64 because it is up to date.

When I go to Windows 10 Servicing/ All Windows 10 Updates theres some "Feature Update do Windows 10 1903"

My Windows 10 ADR:

My ADR Evaluation Schedule:

My questions:

What means Skipped update because it is up to date?
    How to update my Windows 10 1903 with my ADR if theres no Windows 10 1903 updates available in SUP?

• Changed type Lacerda Adrecal Tuesday, November 26, 2019 9:46 PM Problem solved without any action.
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 4:29 PM

All replies

• The criteria in your ADR is irrelevant for updates to show in the All Software Updates node.

Also, the two Servicing Drivers product categories should be unchecked in your SUP component properties as these are not deployable by ConfigMgr.

Skipped means just that, that it already existed; however, the line item you called out above is for a feature update and not a quality update so won't show under All Software Updates anyway.

To be clear, how *exactly* are you looking for 1903 updates under the All Software Updates node in the console?

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:22 PM
  • Hi Lacerda,

Thanks for posting in forum.

From the information you provided, based as I know , it means the Windows 10 1903 is synced from WSUS to SUP successfully, no need to sync again.
    Skipped update 55f59595-aafe-482b-9c97-1b4d11696290 - Feature update to Windows 10 (consumer editions), version 1903, en-us x64 because it is up to date.

For the ADR configuration, I find the Upgrades not included. If we want to deploy these feature updates, please include this option to see if it is working.

In addition, for the Drivers products, agree with Jason, they can’t be synced or deployed by SUP. Please uncheck them.

Hope it can help.

Best regards.
    Crystal

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 3:27 AM
  • The criteria in your ADR is irrelevant for updates to show in the All Software Updates node.

Also, the two Servicing Drivers product categories should be unchecked in your SUP component properties as these are not deployable by ConfigMgr.

Skipped means just that, that it already existed; however, the line item you called out above is for a feature update and not a quality update so won't show under All Software Updates anyway.

To be clear, how *exactly* are you looking for 1903 updates under the All Software Updates node in the console?

I know the ADR is irrelevant, but someone always comes up to ask "aNd tHe aDr??" so i decided to post the screenshot.

You don't have to be very smart to understand my question, but come on. I have the updates for Windows 10 1903 selected, and after sync with Microsoft Update no updates for Windows 10 1903 are displayed. Simple, huh?
    The line I found in the log and added is just one line of all Windows 10 1903 updates that were skipped.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:20 PM
  • Hi Lacerda,

Thanks for posting in forum.

From the information you provided, based as I know , it means the Windows 10 1903 is synced from WSUS to SUP successfully, no need to sync again.

For the ADR configuration, I find the Upgrades not included. If we want to deploy these feature updates, please include this option to see if it is working.

In addition, for the Drivers products, agree with Jason, they can’t be synced or deployed by SUP. Please uncheck them.

Hope it can help.

Best regards.
    Crystal

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

The line I found in the log and added is just one line of all Windows 10 1903 updates that were skipped. All Windows 10 1903 updates was skipped, not just this update showed with the log line.
    Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:22 PM
  • > Simple, huh?

Your description, yes.  I cannot in any way see what you are doing and folks do all kinds of interesting things that don't match what they say or write. And in this case, your description simply doesn't provide nearly enough information. Sanity checks are always valid and have, in many, many cases, result in ah-hah moments for the OP or the person attempting to help.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 7:23 PM
  • Hi Lacerda,

My though is as below, we can check the issue with the following steps one by one:
    1. Check the Classifications on both WSUS and CM console to see what updates on selected.
    2. Try to Synchronize Software Updates to see if any 1903 updates will exist in All software updates.
    3. Check the Updates under WSUS console->Updates->All updates to see if 1903 exclude feature updates are there in WSUS server.
    4, Check the wsyncmgr.log under :\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\Logs and see the requested categories for 1903. If all the other updates are included.

Requested categories: Product=Windows 10, version 1903 and later, Servicing Drivers, Product=Office 365 Client, Product=Windows Defender, Product=System Center Endpoint Protection, Product=Windows 10, Product=Windows 10, version 1903 and later, Product=Windows 10, version 1903 and later, Upgrade & Servicing Drivers, UpdateClassification=Security Updates, UpdateClassification=Upgrades, UpdateClassification=Feature Packs, UpdateClassification=Updates, UpdateClassification=Definition Updates, UpdateClassification=Critical Updates

Hope it can help.

Best regards.
    Crystal

Thursday, November 21, 2019 8:13 AM
  • Hi Lacerda,

This is Crystal again, Was the issue resolved? Could you help us to confirm the information we asked in the last post?

If there's anything unclear, feel free to let us know.

Best regards.

Crystal

Monday, November 25, 2019 6:33 AM
  • Hi Lacerda,

This is Crystal again, Was the issue resolved? Could you help us to confirm the information we asked in the last post?

If there's anything unclear, feel free to let us know.

Best regards.

Crystal

I didn't identify the reason but mysteriously last sunday my SCCM synced the updates to Windows version 1903. The wsyncmgr.log log has already been overwritten and I can't identify what made SCCM change its mind. Anyway now everything is correct and I'm outraged because I didn't do anything in my SUP related environment. SCCM being SCCM. :/

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 9:43 PM
  • Hi Lacerda,

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear that everything is working in our environment. if there's anything we can help in the future, feel free to post in our forum.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Best regards.

Crystal 

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:07 AM