Catastrophic restore - database created but empty RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to perform catastrophic restore of our production WSS 3.0 on testing Windows Server 2003 box with IIS6 and MSSQL server. I have Central Administration installed so I perform restore in Central Administration. In a form I chose a new name of the server, new name of application, new database server and database. 

After restore there are no errors and a new WSS_Content is created in MSSQL But WSS_Content file is very small (about 10MB, while restore directory is about 10GB), and no site is available. 

Can anybody help me?  Thanks in advance. 

Change: I succeeded in restoring DB using stsadm in command line. But there is another problem: page is not found (404 error)

After several days of hopeless trying to solve the problem I reinstalled WSS 3.0 and restored my farm which "solved" the problem in the end. Thanks anyway (thank you, C Rohan!) 

• Edited by i.sko Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:14 AM
    Monday, May 28, 2012 1:34 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Can you see the site collections from that content database through Central Admin?

Assuming its MOSS, (and not sharepoint 2010), check the SQL version. Express Edition has DB limitation of 4 Gigs.
    Also please specify the stsadm and used parameters.

Regards | Rohan Chittyal | Sharepoint Technologies | http://sharepoint-administration-eu.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:52 AM