Lync integration with Blackberry enterprise server RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I set up lync enterprise server 2010 and now I would like to integrate our blackberry server 5.3 to be able to use enterprise IM on our blackberrys.

But when I install the blackberry collaboration service, it seems to be installed correctly but I can't see it in the windows services on the blackberry server. How can I know if it was well installed? Will it appear in the Windows services? Now when I try to connect from enterprise IM, I get the following message:

failed to execute last action (-9)

cannot connect to server

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pat

Thursday, September 1, 2011 2:37 PM

Answers

• Dear all,

Thank you for you answers. It works now.

First I had to uninstall collaboration service which didn't appeared in the Windows services. After reinstalling it, I could see it in the Windows services.

Then  my mistake was that during installation of the collaboration service, I entered under pool name: pool1. It didn't work. I changed to pool1.mydomain.com and now everyting works fine.

Best regards.

surberp
    • Marked as answer by Noya Lau Tuesday, September 6, 2011 9:29 AM
    Monday, September 5, 2011 11:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please follow the articles mentioned below and verify that you have configured Lync, BES correctly:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/25747/Preparing_to_host_BCS_for_use_with_LS_2010_1403597_11.jsp

http://msexchangeanywhere.wordpress.com/2011/08/24/how-to-integrate-lync-2010-with-blackberry-5-0-sp3/

Navin Microsoft Unified Communications
    Friday, September 2, 2011 9:30 AM
  • You installed the service while BES was stopped and you started the service after CS installation, right?

Another important point is a certificate for BES - it MUST has a friendly name "OCSConnector". Of course both Lync server certificate and BES cert must be mutually trusted.

Some specific prerequisites must be installed on BES (pleas see docs Navin mentioned). Eventhough you are integrating with Lync some prerequisites must be from OCS 2007 R2 distro.

HTH

Alex Ignatenko | MCITP:Lync 2010, Messaging, Server 2008 | MCTS:UC Voice, Virtualisation, SCCM, SCOM, OCS | MCSE: Security
    • Proposed as answer by Alenat Monday, September 5, 2011 1:47 PM
    Sunday, September 4, 2011 5:17 AM
  • Hi surberp,

Any update?

The BlackBerry Collaboration Service installed in the same Microsoft Active Directory domain as Microsoft Lync Server 2010.

And please also refer to this article. Hope useful.

Monday, September 5, 2011 2:58 AM
  • Dear all,

Thank you for you answers. It works now.

First I had to uninstall collaboration service which didn't appeared in the Windows services. After reinstalling it, I could see it in the Windows services.

Then  my mistake was that during installation of the collaboration service, I entered under pool name: pool1. It didn't work. I changed to pool1.mydomain.com and now everyting works fine.

Best regards.

surberp
    • Marked as answer by Noya Lau Tuesday, September 6, 2011 9:29 AM
    Monday, September 5, 2011 11:48 AM
  • Nice to hear your problem is resolved.

Good luck.

Alex Ignatenko | MCITP:Lync 2010, Messaging, Server 2008 | MCTS:UC Voice, Virtualisation, SCCM, SCOM, OCS | MCSE: Security
    Monday, September 5, 2011 1:47 PM
  • sorry to hijack this resolved thread. just wondering if i may ask a quick question: Will this only work on BES running under 64-bit Windows? we have BES 5.0 SP3 on Windows 2003 32-bit, and of course we won't be able to install the required component on the BES server (such as vcredist_x64.exe, etc).
    thanks.
    Monday, October 10, 2011 1:45 AM
  • If I am not wrong, you can install the blackberry collaboration services on another machine. Do correct me if I'm wrong.
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:39 AM