Setup User Files Through Batch File RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning All,

We have a sharp copier/printer that requires a user number to print in color.  We are getting ready to switch print servers and I do not want to go around to everyone's computer and change this manually.  I was wondering if there is a registry file that stores this user number and if I can create a batch file to run and automatically create that entry and make it work.  Does anyone know of any possibilities?

Thanks,

Brent

Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:52 PM

Answers

• As already stated, this is more of a question for the vendor. However, my guess is Sharp will be of little help on this.

I would try to capture any Registry changes the Sharp driver utility might be storing by using RegShot (http://sourceforge.net/projects/regshot/). Take a snapshot right before setting the user number, and then take a snapshot right after. Compare the two, and look to see if there are any relevant entries, likely stored in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive.

• Marked as answer by Bill_Stewart Friday, August 29, 2014 9:22 PM
    Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:09 PM

All replies

• You have to contact Sharp for that answer.  Some newer systems store the ID in AD.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:54 PM
  • That depends on whether/how the user numbers are configured on each computer, and whether any of this information is stored on the print server, or on the device itself. It may be that changing print servers will not delete this information, but you would have to test. This is not a question we can really answer for you in a scripting forum. This is really a support question for your device's manufacturer.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:56 PM
  • does your sharp printer have LDAP Integration?

If I helped you please mark me as helpful If I answered your question mark as an answer

Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:57 PM
  • if so you can use LDAP to integrate with AD

If I helped you please mark me as helpful If I answered your question mark as an answer

• Proposed as answer by Top112 Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:58 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Bill_Stewart Friday, August 22, 2014 2:30 PM
    Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:58 PM
  • As already stated, this is more of a question for the vendor. However, my guess is Sharp will be of little help on this.

I would try to capture any Registry changes the Sharp driver utility might be storing by using RegShot (http://sourceforge.net/projects/regshot/). Take a snapshot right before setting the user number, and then take a snapshot right after. Compare the two, and look to see if there are any relevant entries, likely stored in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive.

• Marked as answer by Bill_Stewart Friday, August 29, 2014 9:22 PM
    Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:09 PM