none
WSSRiskToTask SQL does not refresh ?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a very simple SQL query which links EPMProject user View to WSSRiskToTaskLinks_UserView to EpmTask_UserView.

When I change the value of a custom field in a project plan ie one which appears EpmTask_UserView and publish the plan it then does not appear when a SSRS report is run on the query.  The SSRS data connection is all working fine.

Any Ideas?

Steve

Monday, July 18, 2016 2:35 PM

All replies

• Hello,

So if you do a select query directly on the database against the EPMTask_UserView, do you see the updates values then?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Monday, July 18, 2016 2:42 PM
  • Hi Brian, if i cut the query down to just that then it is still giving me the "old results" ie not what you see in the MS project plan.  Could this be some kind of Reporting DB sync fail?

Thanks

Steve

Monday, July 18, 2016 2:47 PM
  • Hello,

Do the jobs complete successfully in the Project Server queue?

Pail

Monday, July 18, 2016 2:50 PM
  • seem to be getting 24018, WSSSync List failed and 2016 WSSSyncMessage fail

??

Steve

Monday, July 18, 2016 3:00 PM
  • although that is not on the project concerned...
    Monday, July 18, 2016 3:02 PM
  • OK, seems like for that particular project site the issues list has been modified and breaking the sync. That shouldn't impact the project task custom fields being updated though. Can you test with another project, does this update as expected.

Paul

Monday, July 18, 2016 3:17 PM
  • Hi Paul, it appears to be working now on the original project but not working now on another test project.  It seem little bit inconsistent, are there secenarios where a change of a value in a cuctom field with a look up table do not trigger a full publish?

My SQL is below:-

SELECT MSP_EpmProject_UserView.ProjectName, MSP_EpmProject_UserView.Programme, MSP_WssRiskToTaskLinks_UserView.RelatedTaskUID, MSP_WssRiskToTaskLinks_UserView.Title, MSP_WssRiskToTaskLinks_UserView.RiskID, MSP_WssRiskToTaskLinks_UserView.Description, MSP_WssRiskToTaskLinks_UserView.MitigationPlan, MSP_WssRiskToTaskLinks_UserView.AssignedToResource, MSP_WssRiskToTaskLinks_UserView.Owner, MSP_WssRiskToTaskLinks_UserView.TriggerDescription, MSP_EpmTask_UserView.TaskName, MSP_EpmTask_UserView."Milestone RAG"
    FROM ProjectServer_Reporting.dbo.MSP_EpmProject_UserView MSP_EpmProject_UserView, ProjectServer_Reporting.dbo.MSP_EpmTask_UserView MSP_EpmTask_UserView, ProjectServer_Reporting.dbo.MSP_WssRiskToTaskLinks_UserView MSP_WssRiskToTaskLinks_UserView
    WHERE MSP_EpmProject_UserView.ProjectUID = MSP_WssRiskToTaskLinks_UserView.ProjectUID AND MSP_WssRiskToTaskLinks_UserView.RelatedTaskUID = MSP_EpmTask_UserView.TaskUID AND ((MSP_EpmTask_UserView."Milestone RAG"='Red') AND (MSP_WssRiskToTaskLinks_UserView.RelatedTaskUID Is Not Null) OR (MSP_EpmTask_UserView."Milestone RAG"='Amber') AND (MSP_WssRiskToTaskLinks_UserView.RelatedTaskUID Is Not Null))

Steve

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 10:50 AM
  • Hi Paul, I think, I may have found 2 causes involved with this problem.   In my value list I have 3 possible values: Red, Amber, Green.   If I simply drag down from the row above a Null value then the value appears to remain in the row.   I have now simply added a 4th value - "Not Set" which can be used when none of the other 3 are valid.  This appears to work ok now.   The other thing, is that in the SSRS report I was clicking on View Report rather than Refresh report.  The latter when pressed correctly brought through the very latest data whereas the former does not.  If that is the case I wonder why View Report is left as an option on a SSRS report after the report has been first run?

Steve

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 11:09 AM