Email from Remote Application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

For years we have been using Windows 2000 Terminal Server to run miscellaneous applications that we did not want to install on our domain clients. We recent moved to Windows 2008 R2 Remote Apps to deploy these miscellaneous applications. The problem is in regards to emailing from one of the applications. As before, Microsoft Outlook was installed on the server and a profile was configured for each user that needed to send email. The problem is, when a user sends an email from an application, the email appears to have been sent but it never arrives to it's recipient. If I have the user open Outlook as a remote app, the email appears to be in its outbox and eventually gets sent.

This function worked fine when our users were opening a full desktop session on the Windows 2000 Terminal server, it seems something is different when running these applications as a remote app and then trying to email from them. Has anyone have had this issue?

Thanks in Advance.

Friday, March 11, 2011 7:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According the description, this issue occurs only on when using this application via RemoteApp. So does this issue happens when you fully logon to the RDS server to run it? If not, I think this application may be not fully compatible with the RemoteApp. I would contact the vendor to specially ask whether this application supports when running on RemoteApp, if not, do they have any update on it?

Meanwhile, please run the RDS Application Compatibility Analyzer below to check whether this application is compatible with the RDS.

How to detect RDS-specific application compatibility issues by using the RDS Application Compatibility Analyzer

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rds/archive/2010/01/19/how-to-detect-rds-specific-application-compatibility-issues-by-using-the-rds-application-compatibility-analyzer.aspx

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Alan Zhu Wednesday, March 16, 2011 2:33 AM
    Monday, March 14, 2011 6:04 AM