dell wyse thinos to lync online using citrix optimization pack 2.0 or 2.1 RRS feed

• Question

• hello 

Any one did test lync online using Wyse thinos 8.3 and citrix optimization pack 2.0  is it supported by dell?microsoft ? As I cant see any Dell article mentioning Lync online although the citirix optimization pack does support lync online.  

Friday, October 7, 2016 6:22 PM

Answers

• Hi GUIz49,

As I am concerned, you could do that, install Lync 2013 in VDI and host VDI on thinos, make sure there is headset and microphone, and make sure headset and microphone could be recognized by VDI.

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know and we will pleasure to help you. If the above suggestion are helpful to you, please mark it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regard,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Monday, October 17, 2016 10:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by jim-xu Friday, October 21, 2016 10:43 AM
    Thursday, October 13, 2016 8:02 AM

All replies

• Hi GUIz49,

Welcome to our forum.

Did you mean Lync server online?

Please tell us more details about this issue.

Lync server online was hosted on Microsoft Azure instead of on-premise, you could not install them on Wyse thinOS (if I misunderstand, please be free to let me know).

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know and we will pleasure to help you. If the above suggestion are helpful to you, please mark it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regard,
    Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 10, 2016 6:59 AM
  • Hi

Actually no, what I meant is to make a call from wyse thinos to lync online using lync 2013 client with optimization pack from citirix (we use VDI). not to install lync online no thinos

Monday, October 10, 2016 12:20 PM
  • Hi GUIz49,

As I am concerned, you could do that, install Lync 2013 in VDI and host VDI on thinos, make sure there is headset and microphone, and make sure headset and microphone could be recognized by VDI.

Best Regard,
    Jim Xu

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Monday, October 17, 2016 10:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by jim-xu Friday, October 21, 2016 10:43 AM
    Thursday, October 13, 2016 8:02 AM