Skype for business Administrative Tools Installation RRS feed

• Question

• Can I install Skype for Business server Administrative Tools in a Server where already we have the Lync 2013 Server Administrative Tools. Do I need to uninstall the Lync Server 2013 Administrative Tools before that.
    Tuesday, February 7, 2017 5:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Askwizard,

Thanks for your response.

For this situation, you don't need to uninstall Lync 2013 Administrative Tools first, you could install the SFB Administrative tools directly.

As a supplement, you can't install SFB server 2015 and Lync server 2013 on the same server, it is not supported.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Alice-Wang Wednesday, February 8, 2017 9:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Askwizard Wednesday, February 8, 2017 9:42 AM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2017 9:01 AM

All replies

• Deleted
    • Proposed as answer by Liinus Wednesday, February 8, 2017 7:22 AM
    Tuesday, February 7, 2017 10:20 PM
  • Hi Askwizard,

You could install SFB Administrative Tools in the server which has been installed Lync server 2013 Administrative Tools.

If you want to install SFB 2015 server, you need to use SFB server Administrative Tools, the following blog is for your reference
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/2015/05/05/step-by-step-installation-of-skype-for-business-server-2015/

Regards,

Alice Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Wednesday, February 8, 2017 7:22 AM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2017 4:28 AM
  • Thanks Alice, do I need to uninstall Lync 2013 Administrative Tools first? I still have multiple Lync 2013 servers in my environment.
    Wednesday, February 8, 2017 8:53 AM
  • Hi Askwizard,

Thanks for your response.

For this situation, you don't need to uninstall Lync 2013 Administrative Tools first, you could install the SFB Administrative tools directly.

As a supplement, you can't install SFB server 2015 and Lync server 2013 on the same server, it is not supported.

Regards,

Alice Wang

• Edited by Alice-Wang Wednesday, February 8, 2017 9:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Askwizard Wednesday, February 8, 2017 9:42 AM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2017 9:01 AM