Switching from XP to Vista RRS feed

• Question

• I have a game that wont run on windows xp so i need to switch to a vista 64 bit.  Can I do this and is there an easy way to do it? Im on an Alienware Aurora 2 Intel 7 pentium blah blah, if you need more info ill post it.  I just wanna start playing my game again.  Can anyone help me?
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:42 PM

All replies

• Just a heads up the game is Final Fantasy XI, they just had a patch and now its causing problems w/ the playonline and my XP edition S1 and graphics card.  The techs on the forums for the game say i need to run the game in windows 7 or vista and not xp.  how do i change or upgrade or not sure what I need to do.  Help me please anyone.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 11:52 PM
  • Go to the shop and but Windows 7 (you probably won't be able to find Vista). Put the DVD in the drive and follow the prompts.

See http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20 to check if your computer will support Windows 7.

--
    --
    "Micahson" wrote in message news:ca2244a9-ebd2-41bc-8761-44ba074111a5...

Just a heads up the game is Final Fantasy XI, they just had a patch and now its causing problems w/ the playonline and my XP edition S1 and graphics card.  The techs on the forums for the game say i need to run the game in windows 7 or vista and not xp.  how do i change or upgrade or not sure what I need to do.  Help me please anyone.

David Candy
    Saturday, December 15, 2012 12:13 AM