none
Does Windows 8.1 automatically repair Network-Connections?

Question

• Hello,

I was wondering how i can turn off the feature to automatically repair network-connections.
    Every time when i am connected to my VPN i remove the default Gateway of my Wifi-Connection, but Windows 8.1 keeps "repairing" it (setting it back to 192.168.1.1) after 2 to 30 minutes. How can i stop that behavior? I never had this issue with Windows 7, so i am guessing there must be some kind of auto-repair feature of network connections ?! And if so, can i turn it off somehow?

Saturday, January 9, 2016 1:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry for delay.

I want confirm whether you remove default gateway from network setting, according to my test it works and no network connection, however Windows do not auto repair network connections and add gateway back. Please run "Ipconfig /all" to double check.

Windows network diagnostics can be used to troubleshoot network issues, you can open Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\History to confirm.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 2:23 AM