Multibox 'From' Drop Down RRS feed

• Question

• hey, I have 2 pc station. both of them are using 2 mailboxes on outlook. 

on 1 station when I want to send email from none default mailbox (2nd) I just need to click on it and create a new email. It will be sent automatically from this mailbox ('From' changes automatically according to my selection) 

On the 2nd station when I click on 2nd mailbox  'from' doesn't change and I've to change it manually. (drop-down menu with all mailboxes)

how can I fix that?  

*2nd email is a shared mailbox.

*outlook 365

• Edited by KlausMorgan Tuesday, December 11, 2018 7:11 AM
    • Moved by Perry-Pan Wednesday, December 12, 2018 1:52 AM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2018 7:08 AM

All replies

• Hi KlausMorgan,

How do you add shared mailbox to Outlook?

As far as I know, Outlook will use the address assigned to the currently selected mailbox or data file as the default address if it is configured as an account in File > Account Settings. Because a shared account is a secondary account in your profile, Outlook won’t use that address by default when viewing the mailbox.

To workaround this, we can add the shared mailbox to your profile as a mailbox.

Reference: Shared Mailboxes and the Default 'Send From' Account

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, December 13, 2018 8:36 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, January 2, 2019 5:16 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, January 2, 2019 5:16 AM
    Wednesday, December 12, 2018 1:52 AM
  • Hi KlausMorgan,

Have you tried adding shared mailbox to Outlook as a second account? Does it work on your side?

Please feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, December 14, 2018 6:44 AM
  • Hi KlausMorgan,

Have't heard an update from you.

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark it as answer so that it will benefit other users a lot to easily find the useful information here?

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

Monday, December 17, 2018 5:44 AM