none
Agent problems on all upgraded Win 10 anniversary edition machines with DPM RRS feed

• Question

• I've been trying to upgrade some desktops from Win 7 to Win 10 Enterprise but whenever I try to refresh the entry in the agent list the agent status goes unavailable and the DPM RA service consistently fails to start timing out immediately. The event logs of all upgraded machines I've installed the DPM agent on are full of the following events:

Log Name:      System
    Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
    Date:          26/08/2016 14:52:28
    Event ID:      10005
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    Description:
    DCOM got error "1053" attempting to start the service DPMRA with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:
    {DA6AA17A-D61C-4E9C-8CEA-DB25DEA52A95}

Log Name:      System
    Source:        Service Control Manager
    Date:          26/08/2016 14:52:28
    Event ID:      7009
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      NCOLMAN.insidertech.co.uk
    Description:
    A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the DPMRA service to connect.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Edit:
    I'm using the latest 4.2.1417.0 version of the agent everywhere and get the following message when trying to run the DPM RA service from a command prompt.

---------------------------
    DPMRA.exe - System Error
    The program can't start because sisbkup.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
    OK   

Windows 7 machines with the same version of the agent are fine. We must upgrade to be compliant with our Partner Program obligations and this issue is currently preventing us from doing so. I'm surprised to see Microsoft still don't officially support backing up their own client OS with DPM when it was released over a year ago. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj860400(v=sc.12).aspx

• Edited by SystemInsider Friday, August 26, 2016 2:11 PM added more detail
    Friday, August 26, 2016 2:03 PM

All replies

• Right now the only thing you can do with Windows 10 Anniversary clients is copy sisbkup.dll to C:\Windows\System32. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/355650a5-5f7c-424c-b17a-4cba645d10a3/windows-10-anniversary-update-breaks-the-dpm-client?forum=dpmsetup
    Monday, October 17, 2016 2:58 PM