none
Project Server Workflow Tasks - how does security work on this task list from Project Server? RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to understand the way Project Server administers the security settings on the Project Server Workflow Tasks list, because it's not behaving the way I'd like it to.  I currently have a workflow set up that generates approval tasks in this list and assigns those tasks out to our supervisory users. Unfortunately the way those users can interact with this list is not what I am wanting.

Here's what I know so far and the questions that I have:

• All tasks generated from my workflow are of the PSWApprovalTask content type.
    • I have a PWA security group set up for supervisors. When I add someone to this PWA security group, they get automatically added to the list security for the Project Server Workflow Tasks list. I don't know what permission gives them this access. Their security level on this list is granted as Limited Access.
      - What permission in PWA gives them access to be individually added to the Project Server Workflow Tasks list security?
    • Other than those in the Web Administrators group, those that do have access to this list and do receive workflow approvals can only edit and view the approvals that are assigned to them. What I'd like is for all users to be able to view all approval tasks in this list and only edit/approve their own.
      - Is this possible?
      - How would I set this up?
    • Whenever I look at the security for this list, I get the following disclaimer:
      "Some items of this list may have unique permissions which are not controlled from this page.  Show me uniquely secured items of this list
      This list has unique permissions
        "

- If items within this list that are generated from the workflow have unique permissions, what are these unique permissions and how can you change them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I can't seem to find any answers out there as to how this SharePoint task list works with Project Server.

Colin

Colin
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:21 PM