none
Can not connect to my Hyper V server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am new to this and am trying to set up my R610 with Hyper-v server 2019 Core.  I have followed many steps but am getting hung up on the Set-Item for trustedhost.. below is my error. I am able to ping my server ip of 102.168.13.100 but get the CredSSP error from my client. I do not have a domain so I am using a "WorkGroup".. Help?

-----------------------------

PS C:\Windows\system32> Set-Item WSMan:\localhost\Client\TrustedHosts "R610VIRT"

Start WinRM Service
    WinRM service is not started currently. Running this command will start the WinRM service.

Do you want to continue?
    [Y] Yes  [N] No  [S] Suspend  [?] Help (default is "Y"):

WinRM Security Configuration.
    This command modifies the TrustedHosts list for the WinRM client. The computers in the TrustedHosts list might not be
    authenticated. The client might send credential information to these computers. Are you sure that you want to modify
    this list?
    [Y] Yes  [N] No  [S] Suspend  [?] Help (default is "Y"):

Set-Item : The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the
    destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service
    running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following
    command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig".
    At line:1 char:1
    + Set-Item WSMan:\localhost\Client\TrustedHosts "R610VIRT"
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Set-Item], InvalidOperationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.InvalidOperationException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetItemCommand

-----------------------------

This is what I have on my Server

-------------------

Status   Name               DisplayName
    ------   ----               -----------
    Running  winrm              Windows Remote Management (WS-Manag...

---------------------------

Friday, May 29, 2020 6:10 AM

All replies

• Hi

On the Hyper-V core server, have you configured the winRM service?

Are you able to "telnet <hyper-vserver> 5985" from the R610VIRT successfully?

If not, then on the hyper-v server verify if the winrm listeneris configured or not by running the following command

"winrm e winrm/config/listener"

If there is a listener configured and the telnet is working fine then you should be able to successfully do a remote management. You can also verify the allowed addresses to WinRM to this Hyper-v server from the above command by noticing the value of "Address = *"

* indicates any client can have a winRm session to this server

Regards,
    Bala N

Friday, May 29, 2020 8:56 AM