none
"Other User" option at login screen is not showing

Question

• When i turn on my computer, in the step when windows ask you for choose one User to login... the option "Other User" to introduce my domain user account and pass is not showing.

Also, the witch option is not showing after log in with another account, i have to use the sig out option, this is not a big problem, in fact i dont care, i just mention this because maybe have relation with the first problem.

I need the option Other User... Anyone knows how to fix this?

Windows 8.1

Im connected to the network and the domain is showing up

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 5:40 PM

Answers

• If you are using Windows 8.1 pro, please follow the steps below and check if that helps.
    1. Press Windows Key + R key, type lusrmgr.msc, click Ok.
    2. Click on Group section, right click on Administrator and pick Add to Group.
    3. Then in following window, click on Add.
    4. In Select Users window, click on Object Types.
    5. Now in the following window, select Users and uncheck other options. Click on Ok.
    6. After clicking Ok, you will get the Select Users window, now click on Advanced.
    7. On the Advanced window, click on Find Now. From the Search Results, look for the user name/account not appearing on login screen select the user name from drop down menu and click Ok twice.
    8. Restart the system and check if the issue gets fixed.

After restart please check if you are able to get other user accounts to login. There should be an arrow pointing left on the top left side of the current user login name/picture.

Bruce Wooding Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro Windows for IT Pros on TechNet

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 11:02 PM