Outlook Calendar Permissions RRS feed

• Question

• I have a User that originally had an office 365 install and 365 mailbox linked. We then moved him across to an On-Prem Mailbox.

When profiled on any terminal bar one all works fine however on his own terminal the calendar permissions do not work for shared calendars. We upgraded office to an On-Prem version but no joy, same error when trying to access the calendar.

I have completely reprofiled the user and re-installed office from scratch but no joy.

I suspect there is a registry key telling outlook to go to the 365 site to look for permissions instead of the on-prem exchange. in the older versions I believe it was call requestperrmissionsURL however that no longer exists. Any ideas?

• Moved by Steve Fan Thursday, July 20, 2017 3:16 AM Move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Tuesday, July 11, 2017 2:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What does 'terminal bar' refer to in your description?

By 'shared calendars' do you mean shared calendars on which the user has access permissions?

Is there any error message when trying to open the shared calendars?

Meanwhile, please also try opening the shared calendars from OWA and then see whether you get the same result.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 6:39 AM
  • Sorry I wasnt clear.  These are shared calendars that he does have permissions for and on all computers that he is profiled on and on OWA he is able to access these calendars. There is only one computer that it does not work on. 

When trying to access it on this one computer it come up with the error, You do not have permissions...

This computer originally had Office installed with a 365 Licence where as all the others had an On-Prem version. I have re-installed from scratch with On-Prem. Recreated the local user profile and re-created the OST.

I suspect there is a registry key responsible for directing the permissions requests to the correct CAS server but cant find it any where. in previous versions is was labelled as  requestperrmissionsURL however since the advent of 16 and 365 the registry keys have been completely restructured

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 9:40 AM
  • Hi Matt,

Does this issue continue if we try turning off cached Exchange mode?

Besides, what if another user who have permission to these shared calendars logs onto the computer? Does the same error continue?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 31, 2017 9:25 AM