Does KB 980080 exist in Windows XP? RRS feed

All replies

• i seriously doubt that, windows XP would definitely have been listed  in the symptoms section.

Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:05 PM
  • Thanks for the response, but are you sure?  The reason I ask is that since general support for XP ended in 2009, I wonder if MS would continue to investigate XP for issues that occur or were reported on Vista and later.

Thanks again.

--Jason

Product Manager Sybase
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:51 PM
  • whether support ends for XP or not, problems/complaints of users on XP related issues would not be ignored.If such issues exists in WINXP,users would have complained especially on forums such as this and professionals and moderators(including Microsoft staff) on the forums would have taken it up as a WinXP issue. Its a concern worthy of note anyway.
    Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 10:17 PM
  • Thanks for the response, but are you sure?  The reason I ask is that since general support for XP ended in 2009, I wonder if MS would continue to investigate XP for issues that occur or were reported on Vista and later.

Thanks again.

--Jason

Product Manager Sybase

Your question is fairly indirect. Tell us what specific problem you are facing so that someone here can help you to resolve it.
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:56 AM
  • "The reason I ask is that since general support for XP ended in 2009"

Windows XP has not ended, XP will receive support and receive updates until April 8, 2014.

After that date, no more reinstalling and/or updating will be available.

The only thing that is unavailable for new updates is Windows XP 64 bit.

When you reinstall windows, if you start out with XP then the update goes like this. XP-XP SP1- XP SP2-XP SP3, after that, just updates for XP SP3 untill April 8th, 2014. And free support for SP3

Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:06 AM