Issues with sending .pdf attachments RRS feed

• Question

•      My client recently brought their e-mail in house using Exchange 2003. Since the time of the conversion they have been having issues with some of their clients not being able to receive their invoices. They use a thirdy party program called RBS GoChart 2000 to create and e-mail invoices in .pdf format. However some of the clients receive the attachment as winmail.dat. This is also true if the client in question is checking the message from a tablet or smartphone.

I have attempted to change the way the message sends to text only, by changing the preferences in Outlook, and the message type settings in Exchange. What I find as odd is that if the message containing the attachment is forwarded to the Administrator mailbox, and then forwarded to the client in question, the attachment is viewable, and that the attachment is always viewable if sent to my own Exchange server. As yet I have not been able to find any correlation between the clients are receiving winmail.dat attachments, and those that receive the attachment as a .pdf. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Edited by AWC DNS Tuesday, May 15, 2012 5:02 PM Edited to provide more succinct view of issue.
    Monday, May 14, 2012 7:30 PM

Answers

• I have solved my own issue. There was an issue in how the 3rd party program was interfacing with Outlook and Exchange. This has been corrected by the vendor who originally said that it was not their issue.
    • Marked as answer by AWC DNS Sunday, May 20, 2012 9:21 PM
    Sunday, May 20, 2012 9:21 PM

All replies

• Why would anyone "recently" bring their e-mail in-house on a nine-plus-year-old server system?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Sunday, May 20, 2012 5:51 AM
  • I have solved my own issue. There was an issue in how the 3rd party program was interfacing with Outlook and Exchange. This has been corrected by the vendor who originally said that it was not their issue.
    • Marked as answer by AWC DNS Sunday, May 20, 2012 9:21 PM
    Sunday, May 20, 2012 9:21 PM