Send email notification only once on approval RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have content approval enabled on a document library. I want the approver to approve the item only once.

A user notified when the item is approved. Once approved if the item is edited then it goes back in pending status which I do not want hence I set the status using workflow back to approved. Problem is the email notification is fired again.

Does any have a workaround for this?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Sid

Monday, April 2, 2012 6:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I have content approval enabled on a document library. I want the approver to approve the item only once.

A user notified when the item is approved. Once approved if the item is edited then it goes back in pending status which I do not want hence I set the status using workflow back to approved. Problem is the email notification is fired again.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Sid

Rather If I could use a AND IF statement in Designer 2010 then everything is good. Could any one let me know exactly how to use a IF <value> equals <value> AND IF <value> equals <value> then...
    Monday, April 2, 2012 7:00 PM
  • Hi,

You can design your own workflow using visual studio as per your requirements.

Refer this:

http://www.sheltonblog.com/archive/2007/11/21/how-to-video-building-a-basic-approval-workflow-with-sharepoint.aspx

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 3:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Sid

Rather If I could use a AND IF statement in Designer 2010 then everything is good. Could any one let me know exactly how to use a IF <value> equals <value> AND IF <value> equals <value> then...
    Monday, April 2, 2012 7:00 PM
  • Hi,

You can design your own workflow using visual studio as per your requirements.

Refer this:

http://www.sheltonblog.com/archive/2007/11/21/how-to-video-building-a-basic-approval-workflow-with-sharepoint.aspx

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 3:44 AM