locked
Recieving email as blank email, only the disclaimer is appearing RRS feed

  • Question

  • dears,

    i have a problem with only 1 specific domain, we are receiving their email  as a blank email only the disclaimer is showing.

    1- we have a hosted antispam solution from Microsoft and i have created a policy rule for that domain to allow and pass by all filters.

    2- on the mailbox servers we have FPE 2010 and i have checked that no content filtering detected against that domain.

    3- we have FSC on the client and there is no email scanning in that FSC, aslo i have disbaled it on my machine and still i am reviving emails as blank

    4- in OWS or iPhone the email also is blank only disclaimer is appearing

    5- the other side is using messagelabs for there antispam solution.

    could you please help me on this issue.

    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 5:23 AM

Answers

  • On Sun, 13 May 2012 05:17:13 +0000, A. Al-Haffar wrote:
     
    >i could not understand the .eml files. but i have noticed 1 thing
     
    If you open the "original" file in the pipeline trace with something
    like an Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail client do you see the
    complete messages? If you don't then the content isn't there and it's
    been removed before it reached the HT server.
     
    >all email recieved from that XXX domain by a specific server could be read correctly, but any emails received by the 2nd hub transport server shows as blank
     
    Forget the "XXX domain" and concentrate on the x.x.x.x IP address used
    to send the mail to you. If the same server delivers both usable and
    unusable content then the likelihood is that the problem is something
    installed you your servers. If _different_ servers always deliver
    unusable content then the problem lies somewhere outside your Exchange
    organization.
     
    >can i force all emails from specific domain to be routed by a specific hub transport server,
     
    That's not the way to deal with the problem. Today it's the "XXX
    Domain" and then it'll be the "AAA domain" and then the "BBB domain"
    and then the "CCC domain", etc., etc.
     
    Find the problem and identify its source. If it's your problem, fix
    it. If it someone else's problem they'll have to fix it.
     
    ---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
     

    --- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    • Marked as answer by A. Al-Haffar Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:55 AM
    Sunday, May 13, 2012 9:32 PM

All replies

  • On Tue, 8 May 2012 05:23:54 +0000, A. Al-Haffar wrote:
     
    >
    >
    >dears,
    >
    >i have a problem with only 1 specific domain, we are receiving their email as a blank email only the disclaimer is showing.
    >
    >
    >
    >1- we have a hosted antispam solution from Microsoft and i have created a policy rule for that domain to allow and pass by all filters.
    >
    >2- on the mailbox servers we have FPE 2010 and i have checked that no content filtering detected against that domain.
    >
    >3- we have FSC on the client and there is no email scanning in that FSC, aslo i have disbaled it on my machine and still i am reviving emails as blank
    >
    >4- in OWS or iPhone the email also is blank only disclaimer is appearing
    >
    >5- the other side is using messagelabs for there antispam solution.
    >
    >
    >
    >could you please help me on this issue.
     
    The description makes it sound like the MIME message is badly
    constructed. Perhaps they put the signature in the MIME body part that
    your e-mail client reads and the "message" in another MIME body part?
     
    You can enable "pipeline tracing" and get a *.eml file of the message
    that you can open with notepad and see how the MIME body parts are
    arranged. It wouldn't be the first time that a message has been
    scrambled.
     
    ---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
     

    --- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 9:49 PM
  • Hi Rich,

    Thank you for the reply, could you please explain how to do that [Enabling Pipeline Tracing] and extracting .eml file. ?

    Thursday, May 10, 2012 4:46 AM
  • Rich

    i enabled pipeline tracing, and got the .eml file, what is the next step

    Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:59 AM
  • On Thu, 10 May 2012 06:59:46 +0000, A. Al-Haffar wrote:
     
    >i enabled pipeline tracing, and got the .eml file, what is the next step
     
    Open the original message and have a look at its contents.
     
    ---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
     

    --- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Thursday, May 10, 2012 7:30 PM
  • i could not understand the .eml files. but i have noticed 1 thing

    all email recieved from that XXX domain by a specific server could be read correctly, but any emails received by the 2nd hub transport server shows as blank

    can i force all emails from specific domain to be routed by a specific hub transport server,

    Sunday, May 13, 2012 5:17 AM
  • On Sun, 13 May 2012 05:17:13 +0000, A. Al-Haffar wrote:
     
    >i could not understand the .eml files. but i have noticed 1 thing
     
    If you open the "original" file in the pipeline trace with something
    like an Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail client do you see the
    complete messages? If you don't then the content isn't there and it's
    been removed before it reached the HT server.
     
    >all email recieved from that XXX domain by a specific server could be read correctly, but any emails received by the 2nd hub transport server shows as blank
     
    Forget the "XXX domain" and concentrate on the x.x.x.x IP address used
    to send the mail to you. If the same server delivers both usable and
    unusable content then the likelihood is that the problem is something
    installed you your servers. If _different_ servers always deliver
    unusable content then the problem lies somewhere outside your Exchange
    organization.
     
    >can i force all emails from specific domain to be routed by a specific hub transport server,
     
    That's not the way to deal with the problem. Today it's the "XXX
    Domain" and then it'll be the "AAA domain" and then the "BBB domain"
    and then the "CCC domain", etc., etc.
     
    Find the problem and identify its source. If it's your problem, fix
    it. If it someone else's problem they'll have to fix it.
     
    ---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
     

    --- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    • Marked as answer by A. Al-Haffar Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:55 AM
    Sunday, May 13, 2012 9:32 PM
  • thank you for your follow up, i have noticed that the message got corrupted once the exclaimer agent is processing the incoming email.

    we are using mail exclaimer software to apply automated signatures for our outgoing emails.

    regards.

    Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:55 AM
  • On Tue, 15 May 2012 10:55:37 +0000, A. Al-Haffar wrote:
     
    >
    >
    >thank you for your follow up, i have noticed that the message got corrupted once the exclaimer agent is processing the incoming email.
    >
    >we are using mail exclaimer software to apply automated signatures for our outgoing emails.
     
    And if you uninstall the software the problem goes away?
     
    ---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
     

    --- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:51 PM