GPO update on client machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Good evening all, I have an issue with group policy applying on client computers.

I have one forest ABCD.NET with 2012 R2 two DC’s 

I have a mixed environment with Win7, Win8 and Win10 OS client machines

ISSUE: All linked Group Policies are very slow applying on client machines.

* Client OS are deployed by creating WPS and pushed through SCCM (Win7,8 & 10).
    * Some time policies will not apply or it take more time on applying policy on client machine.
    * After policy applied its not reflecting / changing the settings on local policies. 
    * But same thing i can see in RSOP results.
    * More over i have many other issues in my environment to resolve.
    Can some one please help me in identifying the issue here.

Rgds,

Shabarish N

Thursday, November 17, 2016 6:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Alvwan, Thanks for your links. It was wonder informations. I have resolved a issue with the help of links provided by you. 
    Issue chronology: Lockout screen wallpaper issue through group policy but same GPO was applied on win8 & win10 it is working fine. I had issue with only win7. With all trial and error finally found the issue. Lockout screen image was copied in different path and some how succeeded. Was little confused in file structure between OS's.

Rgds,

Shabarish N

Thursday, November 24, 2016 9:09 PM
  • Hi Shabarish N,

I am glad to hear that your issue was successfully resolved and thanks for sharing your solution.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

BTW, would mind mark the reply as answer as it willbe helpful to other forum users who encounter the same issue.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 25, 2016 1:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Please run gpresult /v, this will show what is being applied and what did not apply.

Besides, there's a possibility to create a log for GPO debugging on the client.

Here you'll find how to enable it: http://blogs.technet.com/b/mempson/archive/2010/01/10/userenvlog-for-windows-vista-2008-win7.aspx There are different debugging levels.

Some related articles for your reference:

Group Policy and Logon Impact

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/grouppolicy/2013/05/23/group-policy-and-logon-impact/

Troubleshoot slow Group Policy processing

https://4sysops.com/archives/troubleshoot-slow-group-policy-processing/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alvwan Friday, November 25, 2016 1:45 AM
    Friday, November 18, 2016 8:14 AM
  • Hi Alvwan, thanks for your reply. I'll check and comeback with the updates.
    Tuesday, November 22, 2016 8:07 PM
  • Hi Alvwan, Thanks for your links. It was wonder informations. I have resolved a issue with the help of links provided by you. 
    Issue chronology: Lockout screen wallpaper issue through group policy but same GPO was applied on win8 & win10 it is working fine. I had issue with only win7. With all trial and error finally found the issue. Lockout screen image was copied in different path and some how succeeded. Was little confused in file structure between OS's.

Rgds,

Shabarish N

Thursday, November 24, 2016 9:09 PM
  • Hi Shabarish N,

I am glad to hear that your issue was successfully resolved and thanks for sharing your solution.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

BTW, would mind mark the reply as answer as it willbe helpful to other forum users who encounter the same issue.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Friday, November 25, 2016 1:45 AM