none
Is there an attribute for slack end date? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

In project 2007 propfessional, stand alone, is there an attribute for slack end date?

I run a report and want to show when a task becomes critical.  I see there is an attribute to display if a task is critical, but I am looking for the date the task becomes critical.

Thank you,

Dora

Monday, October 24, 2011 3:55 PM

Answers

All replies

• Dora,

The Late Start field indicates when a task becomes critical.

Regards,

Gregg D. Richie, PMP, MCTS; Author, Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Official Academic Course Series
    Monday, October 24, 2011 4:10 PM
  • The Late Start field indicates when a task becomes critical.

Hi Gregg

Thanks for pointing out the late start and late finish attributes. I appreciate the lead however it appears that late start is the beginning of the slack and late finish is the end of the slack.  Is that what you meant? It appears that the day after the Late Finish date is when the task becomes critical.  Do you agree?

Thanks

Dora

Friday, October 28, 2011 5:58 PM
  • Hi Dora,

Sorry, I don't agree. As soon as Finish=Late Finish the task will be marked as critical. There is no extra day. I fthere were a shift it would be a minute - Projec does ALL calculation in minutes. So you could say a task will start moving the end of the project as soon as Finish= Late Finish plus 1 minute

Hope this helps

Friday, October 28, 2011 7:37 PM
  • I think the confusion might be that the end date just happens to be finishing at the end of the day so the next possible working minute is the next day. Dora, if the task finished at 2pm instead of 5pm the task would be  critical at 2:01. it would not be the 'next day' it would be the next working minute. It just happens that in your project the task in question is finished at the end of hte day so that next working minute is the next day.
    Brian Kennemer – DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
    Friday, October 28, 2011 7:42 PM