facing issue while open the Word document RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team,

i am not able to open word file online from my third party application ,error is :sorry,word online ran into a problem opening this document.to view this document please open it in microsoft word.

and i am able to open the excel file,only issue for word file .

Note:there is the nothing in word file(black file is attached),also i am able to open same word file from my default location instead of third party application .

so is there any solution for that issue ? 

please let me know if any questions.

Regards,
    Rahul

Friday, June 12, 2020 9:32 PM

All replies

• "Third party application"? That normally means you are creating a Word file from an application other than Word. If that is the case, and Word Online can't read it, it indicates that your application is producing a non-standard Word file that can't be read.

But then you you can open the same file from your "default location" instead of third party application. That's confusing. I don't know what you're trying to say.

Saturday, June 13, 2020 4:24 PM
  • Hi Rahul,

Thanks for posting in TechNet forum.

Here is the Office Forum, which is primarily responsible for general issues related to the use of Office desktop programs.

In accordance with our specifications, we only provide support services for official Microsoft Office products and do not give advice to other third products or services, I recommend that you search for answers on your own.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.                

Monday, June 15, 2020 6:21 AM