none
FAST or Search Server Licensing and prices? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I'm looking for ways to improve our document availability and better searching and finding might be part of the solution. However, I find it difficult to get hold of the relevant information for my boss, especially about the costs.

Going from the microsoft website I haven't seen any button like "have someone from sales contact you" or somesuch. This is in stark contrast to (forgive me) google, where, when I looked around for their search appliance, it was about a day until I had someone on the phone.

So, when someone is moderately clear on the technical requirements and wants to know about the business side of the deal, how does one go about it with microsoft?

Or, can anyone here tell me what Microsoft Search Server 2010 and FAST cost?

We are talking about half a million documents, probably 50 to 100 users and, apart from the usual office/pdf/html files, perhaps a handful of special file formats that need to be indexed properly, so we may want to code one or two connectors (is that the right word?).

Lots of Greetings!

Volker

Volker

Friday, February 24, 2012 11:46 AM

All replies