MS Please Provide a Way to Go Back From OLM to PST RRS feed

• Question

• For years, I was not able to use a Mac because I couldn't take my PST with me. Microsoft solved this problem and allowed me and others to ditch Windows and use a Mac. Now I am dying to throw away the Mac and use a Windows PC. The only thing stopping me from going back to Windows is the lack of a solution to convert my OLM to back to PST. Why can't Microsoft provide the same easy solution for this OLM to PST conversion as they did for converting PST to OLM? This would allow many people to switch from Mac to Windows with all the software and hardware benefits for Microsoft. Please do this. No other solution is robust enough. Only MS can fix this and it is to MS benefit to do so asap.
    Wednesday, June 12, 2019 8:36 AM

Answers

• For years, I was not able to use a Mac because I couldn't take my PST with me. Microsoft solved this problem and allowed me and others to ditch Windows and use a Mac. Now I am dying to throw away the Mac and use a Windows PC. The only thing stopping me from going back to Windows is the lack of a solution to convert my OLM to back to PST. Why can't Microsoft provide the same easy solution for this OLM to PST conversion as they did for converting PST to OLM? This would allow many people to switch from Mac to Windows with all the software and hardware benefits for Microsoft. Please do this. No other solution is robust enough. Only MS can fix this and it is to MS benefit to do so asap.

I would suggest you ask for this at user voice instead:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/

• Marked as answer by Andy DavidMVP Tuesday, August 27, 2019 10:56 AM
    Wednesday, June 12, 2019 11:35 AM

All replies

I would suggest you ask for this at user voice instead:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/

• Marked as answer by Andy DavidMVP Tuesday, August 27, 2019 10:56 AM
    Wednesday, June 12, 2019 11:35 AM
  • Hi,

I'm afraid that there is no such way to convert OLM to PST directly in Outlook. So if you'd like to see this feature in Outlook, please refer to the suggestion of Andy to submit this feedback via the Outlook uservoice forum.

Besides, there is a workaround for you.

1. Create an IMAP account (or your existing account) then configure it on both Outlook for Mac and  Outlook for Windows.(Remember to sign in to the email account and enable IMAP )
    2. Copy your OLM file to your IMAP account in Outlook for Mac.
    3. By this, you can access your Outlook for Mac mails to Windows Outlook(PST).

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:05 AM
  • Hi,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

And if you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 14, 2019 9:31 AM