none
DAG Network Connectivity in multiple Datacenters

Question

• We have recently installed MPLS between east and west coast with 1Gbps link.  However, I see cluster failures about once a week for few seconds almost every week and all Outlook had to reconnect where some have popup for password.

Anyone else using MPLS for DAG network stretching between East & West coast ?  Is this typical for MPLS connection?  As I understand it, it should be one of the most reliable connection.  If so, then DAG is unreliable between East and West coast setup.

Tuesday, June 05, 2018 8:33 PM

All replies

• Lots of people use it.  Unless your WAN connection is rock solid, you'll see what you're seeing.  In my experience such cluster events, and databases failing over across sites, is not unusual when you try to do high availability across WAN-connected sites.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 7:00 AM
  • What I really like to know is other people's MPLS implementation with DAG.  Do they also see cluster failures due to network "blips" at least once a week?  If we design for active active site, then we'll be looking at database failover every week.
    Wednesday, June 06, 2018 9:27 PM
  • I believe I answered that question.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 9:33 PM