none
Download and Install MS Project Issues - conflict with 32 and 64 bit RRS feed

• Question

• I recently installed MS Office 2016 and uninstalled MS Office 2010. I bought and downloaded MS Project 2016 but it won't install because it sees a conflict with a 32 bit application. The same message comes up if I try and install the 64 bit version. Not sure what to check?
    Wednesday, December 14, 2016 9:00 PM

All replies

• You don't say what application is reported in conflict when you say "a 32-bit application". Hard to debug this, therefore. The over-arching guidance is that you need to use the same number of bits for both Office and Project. Install both using the same bit size.

--rms www.rmschneider.com

Thursday, December 15, 2016 7:02 AM
  • I've got exactly the same problem. My installation is Office 365, 32 bit and neither MS project 32 bit nor 64 bit will install, always complaining with a conflict with: "Office 16 Click-to-Run Extensibility Component 64-bit Registration" There is a fix described online (go to installer and remove Click-to-Run),...which does not even find this code to delete it. Any idea?

Friday, August 25, 2017 7:48 AM
  • Markus,

My hunch is that this is some sort of problem with Office and your best point of call is someone who knows about Office installations. Or do some reading via hints from Google Office 16 Click-to-Run Extensibility Component 64-bit Registration"

The guru's here know all about Microsoft Project, not so much about debugging installations on Office.

--rms

--rms www.rmschneider.com

Friday, August 25, 2017 11:13 AM