none
Last updates messed up my profile - Cant even create a new one

Question

• Hi, I'm getting this error: "C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is inaccessible..." everytime I boot, I try to clic on desktop, try to do anything...

It happened last weekend when Windows update submitted 3 updates, one for IE, and some other security updates... until then my computer was always up to date and everything worked fine.

Suddenly it happened, I tried to follow this thread : http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e39d1e18-0adb-48c9-b07a-1d1d3077ae03/cwindowssystem32configsystemprofiledesktop-refers-to-a-location-that-is-unavailablewindows-8?forum=w8itproappcompat

But I cant do a clean boot nor make a new profile... I click ok "Add account" .. nothing happens.

What I did is I did a restoration to before the last 3 updates... and I works... but I lost my game's saves while doing so... So for a few days I could do as usual, and make up a new game... but as I always do my updates automatically... It just happened again...

This time, I didnt take a chance, I've put my saves on my server but what am I supposed to do... as I said I've tried a lot of things I saw in the forum and none of them worked...

Please help me, I cant even open a Windows folder now

Tuesday, May 06, 2014 10:22 PM

Answers

• Okey... I solved it by "passing to a local account" I dont even know what I did exactly and at first it didnt work and then... my desktop suddenly refreshed with all my stuff...

I'm out of words... how could this be possible?

Tuesday, May 06, 2014 11:57 PM