Symantec Endpoint Protection Antivirus.... RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone having issues while installing Windows 7 RC with symantec antivirus? I had a clean installation for Windows 7 RC but somehow I can't install antivirus. Any suggestions?
    Monday, May 11, 2009 7:55 PM

Answers

• None of the corporate versions on Symantec products (NAV, SEP) are compatible yet with the RC.  Only Norton 360 v3 and NIIS 2009 have versions that support Windows 7 RC.  Much more information at the Symantec Windows 7 Beta Forum.

If you need a free anti-virus product that will work with the RC, I recommend Avast!.

• Proposed as answer by Kevin64A Monday, May 11, 2009 9:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by dwoltersEditor Monday, May 25, 2009 6:34 PM
    Monday, May 11, 2009 9:23 PM

All replies

• hi,

system requirements for Symantec Endpoint Protection ;

http://www.symantec.com/business/products/sysreq.jsp?pcid=pcat_info_risk_comp&pvid=endpt_prot_1

regards,

Mumin CICEK | Exchange - MVP | www.cozumpark.com | www.mumincicek.com
    • Proposed as answer by Mumin CICEK Monday, May 11, 2009 9:38 PM
    Monday, May 11, 2009 8:54 PM
  • Hi,

I'am now using Mcafee Beta antivirus. You can sign up for this and make use of the beta program. I also use Prevx 3.0 antimalware.
    So far these programs runs like a charm under Windows 7 rc1 x64

Cu
    Monday, May 11, 2009 9:10 PM
  • None of the corporate versions on Symantec products (NAV, SEP) are compatible yet with the RC.  Only Norton 360 v3 and NIIS 2009 have versions that support Windows 7 RC.  Much more information at the Symantec Windows 7 Beta Forum.

If you need a free anti-virus product that will work with the RC, I recommend Avast!.

• Proposed as answer by Kevin64A Monday, May 11, 2009 9:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by dwoltersEditor Monday, May 25, 2009 6:34 PM
    Monday, May 11, 2009 9:23 PM
  • Hi,

You recommend Avast, look at the site of www.prevx.com to see how good antivirus software really is in intercepting Rootkits, mailware,  spyware and other malicious programs.

Cu
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 1:25 AM
  • I'm using Avira without problem in Windows 7.  And of course prevx would love for the other programs to look bad, because they are selling a product as well.  If you want unbiased information then it's more reasonable to check an unbiased site like maximumpc.com.

B
    Monday, May 25, 2009 4:46 PM