Sequencing Firefox RRS feed

• Question

• I have a question that I am hoping someone may have an answer to.  We have successfully sequenced Firefox 3.0.13, but for a limited number of users, they are able to launch the application, but after about 20 seconds it hangs and says "not responding" on the title bar. 

I have a feeling this is related to the machine and not the application but I wanted to see if anyone has seen this before and if they found a workaround.

Thanks.
    Friday, September 4, 2009 1:45 PM

Answers

• Are you keeping Firefox (Mozilla) profile inside the bubble? Maybe FF is caching too many files in there as there has been some occasions where large number or size of files inside the cached virtual environment for user has caused problems.

/Kalle
    • Proposed as answer by znack Saturday, September 12, 2009 8:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Thursday, August 8, 2013 7:18 AM
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:24 PM

All replies

• Hi, have you found points in common with all these computers on which Firefox doesn't work ? Where have you define the path of the cache ?

See you

/Christophe
    Christophe ROUET
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 4:56 PM
  • Exactly which website they are viewing when that starts happening. also can be check the filemon & regmon logs
    GNU developer by choice ....
    Monday, September 7, 2009 10:29 AM
  • Are you keeping Firefox (Mozilla) profile inside the bubble? Maybe FF is caching too many files in there as there has been some occasions where large number or size of files inside the cached virtual environment for user has caused problems.

/Kalle
    • Proposed as answer by znack Saturday, September 12, 2009 8:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Thursday, August 8, 2013 7:18 AM
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:24 PM