popups RRS feed

• Question

• i can't stop full page popups from IE. tried every popup blocker and still the same. and now i don't get many popups only now i get the sound. how can i stop this?
    • Moved by Larcolais Gong Wednesday, August 4, 2010 5:36 AM Off-Topic (From:.NET Framework Setup)
    Monday, August 2, 2010 6:29 PM

All replies

• You have a virus or malware problem.

You need to make sure that your AV and anti-malware software is up to date and then do full scans (preferablt in safe maode) of your computer. If that process fails to reveal the culprit, you need to seek instructions for complete, manual, removal of malware in an appropriate forum on that topic. Here are a couple of possibilities:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/

http://www.clamwin.com/content/view/197/106/

If you do ask elsewhere, please provide the following: Windows version, what AV and anti-malware software you are using.

If all else fails, a full format of your hard drive, followed by reinstalling your OS and applications will rid you of the problem.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 2:43 PM
  • Hi roaddog10,

I'm glad to see your active participation in MSDN forum!

Some clarification with you

When did your issue occur? In browsing IE or installing .NET Framework?

Based on your description, it seems that your issue might be caused by virus or malware ads etc..

Pvdg42’s suggestions are great! Thanks pvdg42 for sharing your helpful suggestions!

Here is .NET Framework Setup Forum. If you have any issue about .net framework setup, you could open a new thread here. I would do my best to help you solve your concerns!

Thank you for your understanding!

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 5:34 AM