Skype for Business duplicate phone numbers in contact list RRS feed

• Question

• I have a strange situation I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction to resolve. I have a hybrid skype for business on prem server configured connect to office 365 (email is hosted in office 365).  In active directory, the only phone number that is configured for the users are in the e.164 format +15555555555.  In the skype for business client however, when I go to call a user, I see 2 work numbers for everyone, the one from AD +15555555555 and one that has been formatted as +1(555)555-5555.  Any ideas where the skype client would be pulling this number from?  I am trying to remove it from the contact information for the end users.

Thanks!

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:48 PM

All replies

• Hi jilljen01,

Did the issue only happen to the specific user or happen to all users?

If this issue appeared on the specific user, please try to delete SFB cache files and test again.

Moreover, if all users had this issue, the address book may be not synchronized, so we suggest you run Update- CsAddressBook in SFB management shell, then test if the issue persists.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 2:30 AM
  • All users have the duplicate phone numbers listed.  I will run the address book synchronization and let you know.
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 1:26 PM
  • so here is what is confusing....when I open the contact card from skype, I only see the one work number in the correct format ( what is set in AD).  But when I click on the phone button, this is where I see the two numbers
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 2:13 PM
  • One thing is update address book,Another thing you need to check is address book normalization rules where it will normalize the numbers assigned to your account and display it in Address book.

http://ucken.blogspot.in/2015/05/skype4b-address-book-normalization.html

Jayakumar K

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 2:29 PM
  • the numbers in AD are already in the E.164 format and those are displaying fine.  I don't know where the other format is coming from
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 5:32 PM
  • Please check address book normalization in Skype for Business configuration as mentioned above blog.

Jayakumar K

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Thursday, March 23, 2017 9:31 AM
    Thursday, March 23, 2017 6:13 AM