VG-100 VoIP Gateway stopped working on windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• VG-100 VoIP Gateway.  Driver Version 1.40.07UN22

I use skype which is connected to my analog phone with a Uniden VG 100 VoIP.  The Uniden was working ok on Windows 7 Ultimate x32 until recently, since when (I presume due to an update) I am unable to get sound to come through to the phone or the phone to ring when a skype call comes through.  The uniden is enabled in skype.  The light comes on the uniden and the little red telephone on the task bar goes green which indicates that it is connected to skype.  The options on skype are set to direct sound to the voIP device, and the ringing in all devices is also on.

When I test by listening on the phone I can just hear about two seconds worth of the test sound on the phone and then it fades out.  No sound will come through again until I turn the phone off and on, whereby I will get a couple of seconds worth of sound coming through from skype, before it fades again. 

I have tried all options on control panel/sounds including making the VoIP as default and attempting to play music through to the phone.  Same... it starts playing though the phone for about two seconds and then dies out.  The problem seems to be the driver between the computer (also tried the Microsoft and Zoom drivers in the High Definition Audio Device.... no change)

ANY SUGGESTIONS???
    Friday, June 17, 2011 1:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You may try to boot the computer in safe mode and from Device Manager, expand Display adapters, right-click on your adapter and choose Properties, select the Driver tab and (if possible) click Roll Back Driver.

Please let me know the update name and ID which you installed before the issue occurred.

Regarding the driver issue, please also understand that the manufacturer is the best resource.

Regards,

Sabrina

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum.

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:33 AM
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 5:46 AM
  • Sabrina, I Forgot to mention that I have also uninstalled and removed all references of the driver from registry, C: drive and anywhere else that there was anything that may contain a corrupted file.  I think a new gateway may be the answer.
    Monday, June 27, 2011 11:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you download the drivers and Skype from the manufacturers’ sites?

VG-100

What about to perform system restore to test?

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, June 20, 2011 3:21 AM
  • Thank you for your reply Sabrina.  Yes of course I did.  I also contacted Uniden in regards to the VG 100.  I believe that they also think it is a driver issue, so I am trying to locate an earlier driver (currently 1.40).  Any other suggestions would be appreciated, including any alternative adaptors that will work with 7

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 10:44 PM
  • Forgot to repsnd about system restore.  Unfortunately I cant go back that far in my system restore

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 10:45 PM
  • Hi,

You may try to boot the computer in safe mode and from Device Manager, expand Display adapters, right-click on your adapter and choose Properties, select the Driver tab and (if possible) click Roll Back Driver.

Please let me know the update name and ID which you installed before the issue occurred.

Regarding the driver issue, please also understand that the manufacturer is the best resource.

Regards,

Sabrina

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 5:46 AM
  • Hi,

I was wondering how everything is going. If anything is unclear, please let me know. It is my pleasure to be of assistance.

Regards,

Sabrina

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact  tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 24, 2011 2:58 AM
  • Hi Sabrina.  Thanks for your response.

I have already tried all these tricks such as restoring and/or rolling back driver.  Unfortunately, the earlier version of the driver is not in the system, so I am stuck with what I have which is VG-100 VoIP Gateway, Driver Version 1.40.07UN22.  I believe that the earlier version was 1.35 but this is from memory as I deleted the old driver when I downloaded the new. 

I have called the manufacturer and they do not service this product any more.  I guess the incompatibility is here to stay.  Possibly the best option is to find a gateway adapter that works with 7, which will allow me to communicate Skype with my phone.  I have not seen any as yet, as those I have seen work with Vista.... and it concerns me that I again may run into problems.  Any suggestions?

Again thanks for your help

Monday, June 27, 2011 11:50 PM
  • Sabrina, I Forgot to mention that I have also uninstalled and removed all references of the driver from registry, C: drive and anywhere else that there was anything that may contain a corrupted file.  I think a new gateway may be the answer.
    Monday, June 27, 2011 11:53 PM