none
Task Manager vs VEEAM Reporter / VCenter RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I noticed that the Memory is flat to the max in Task manager for several VMs.

in the VCenter or using VEEAM Reporter for the performances the Memroy is less than 50%

How could I explain this discrepancy?

Thanks,
    DOm

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

Friday, March 16, 2012 5:40 PM

Answers

• The task manager would collect the same information as on a physical server. 

The task manager in a VM only sees inside the VM, not what's happening on the host.

• Marked as answer by Felyjos Monday, March 19, 2012 10:52 PM
    Monday, March 19, 2012 5:16 PM

All replies

• This forum is for Microsoft Virtual Server 2005.  For the chance of help, you should post in on VMWare or VEEAM's forums since those are the products you're using.
    Sunday, March 18, 2012 5:58 AM
  • Hello,

Any forum on the Microsoft/Windows where I could ask for details on what is collected by the Task Manager for a Virtual Server?

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

Sunday, March 18, 2012 5:51 PM
  • The task manager would collect the same information as on a physical server. 

The task manager in a VM only sees inside the VM, not what's happening on the host.

• Marked as answer by Felyjos Monday, March 19, 2012 10:52 PM
    Monday, March 19, 2012 5:16 PM