Two libraries give 500 - Internal server error. RRS feed

All replies

• Hi Sandra,

Hope certain complex things are very simple !

Just do an IISRESET in your server.

Start-> Run -> type "IISRESET" and press enter and wait a moment ...

After April CU two out of 18 libraries in one site give the 500 error.

I've checked the logs but didn't find anything strange.

i've started Failed request Tracing and for the event I get this:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

Regards,

Sandra

Sandra Ratis

Monday, May 14, 2012 10:05 AM
  • This link may help you

http://thuansoldier.net/?p=1649

Monday, May 14, 2012 10:06 AM
  • Hi,

unfortunatelly that did not work. The accounts have the rights and I did the iisreset and still nothing. And we found out that there is also one list missing :/

Sandra

Sandra Ratis

Monday, May 14, 2012 3:17 PM
  • I thought that maybe something went wrong in the upgrade process (found this article for 2007) so I've checked the upgrade log and the database status and everything seems to be fine, with no warnings or errors. This is so annoying :\ 

Sandra Ratis

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 6:16 AM
  • Hi Sandra,

Before the upgrade did you upload any unsupported file\Blocked files in to the library (After renaming the extension to something else).

If yes , try to open the library in the webfolder and check for the files. If you can open the library in webfolder , then you can copy and paste the documents in another Document library

To open the Librar in Webfolder - Open IE - Click on File - Open - Enter Library URL and check the Box which says open as webfolder

Hope this helps

Thanks & Regards Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 7:43 AM
  • Hi,

As far as I know there was no such thing - especially in the missing list, cause they weren't using attachements. I have IE 9 so I don't have the option Open as web folder. But I did tried to get to the library with Explorer view and the library isn't visible there also. Then I added new network location on my computer with the URL from the missing library but all i get is an empty folder.

Thank you,

Sandra

Sandra Ratis

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 8:00 AM
  • Hi Sandra,

You may turn off the SharePoint custom error messages so that you can get more information about the 500 error.

Please follow these steps:

1. Find Custom Error tag in the web.config
    2. Set CustomErrors to off
    3. Enable CallStack, Search for “CallStack” and set the value to “true” instead of “false”

You will get more information about the 500 error.

Please refer to these link for more information

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937038/en-us?sd=rss&spid=12200

http://sujant.wordpress.com/2008/04/11/sharepoint-enable-stack-trace-for-better-logging-information/

Thanks,

Lambda Zhao

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 8:02 AM
  • HI,

I've just realized that I posted my question in the wrong category. We have SharePoint 2010 not 2007.

I've turned off custom error message and this is what I get:

[COMException (0x80004005): Tega dejanja ni mogoče dokončati.

Poskusite znova.<nativehr>0x80004005</nativehr><nativestack></nativestack>]
       Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.GetFileAndMetaInfo(String bstrUrl, Byte bPageView, Byte bPageMode, Byte bGetBuildDependencySet, String bstrCurrentFolderUrl, Int32 iRequestVersion, Boolean& pbCanCustomizePages, Boolean& pbCanPersonalizeWebParts, Boolean& pbCanAddDeleteWebParts, Boolean& pbGhostedDocument, Boolean& pbDefaultToPersonal, Boolean& pbIsWebWelcomePage, String& pbstrSiteRoot, Guid& pgSiteId, UInt32& pdwVersion, String& pbstrTimeLastModified, String& pbstrContent, Byte& pVerGhostedSetupPath, UInt32& pdwPartCount, Object& pvarMetaData, Object& pvarMultipleMeetingDoclibRootFolders, String& pbstrRedirectUrl, Boolean& pbObjectIsList, Guid& pgListId, UInt32& pdwItemId, Int64& pllListFlags, Boolean& pbAccessDenied, Guid& pgDocid, Byte& piLevel, UInt64& ppermMask, Object& pvarBuildDependencySet, UInt32& pdwNumBuildDependencies, Object& pvarBuildDependencies, String& pbstrFolderUrl, String& pbstrContentTypeOrder) +0
       Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetFileAndMetaInfo(String bstrUrl, Byte bPageView, Byte bPageMode, Byte bGetBuildDependencySet, String bstrCurrentFolderUrl, Int32 iRequestVersion, Boolean& pbCanCustomizePages, Boolean& pbCanPersonalizeWebParts, Boolean& pbCanAddDeleteWebParts, Boolean& pbGhostedDocument, Boolean& pbDefaultToPersonal, Boolean& pbIsWebWelcomePage, String& pbstrSiteRoot, Guid& pgSiteId, UInt32& pdwVersion, String& pbstrTimeLastModified, String& pbstrContent, Byte& pVerGhostedSetupPath, UInt32& pdwPartCount, Object& pvarMetaData, Object& pvarMultipleMeetingDoclibRootFolders, String& pbstrRedirectUrl, Boolean& pbObjectIsList, Guid& pgListId, UInt32& pdwItemId, Int64& pllListFlags, Boolean& pbAccessDenied, Guid& pgDocid, Byte& piLevel, UInt64& ppermMask, Object& pvarBuildDependencySet, UInt32& pdwNumBuildDependencies, Object& pvarBuildDependencies, String& pbstrFolderUrl, String& pbstrContentTypeOrder) +589

[SPException: Tega dejanja ni mogoče dokončati.

Poskusite znova.]
       Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGlobal.HandleComException(COMException comEx) +27825266
       Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.GetFileAndMetaInfo(String bstrUrl, Byte bPageView, Byte bPageMode, Byte bGetBuildDependencySet, String bstrCurrentFolderUrl, Int32 iRequestVersion, Boolean& pbCanCustomizePages, Boolean& pbCanPersonalizeWebParts, Boolean& pbCanAddDeleteWebParts, Boolean& pbGhostedDocument, Boolean& pbDefaultToPersonal, Boolean& pbIsWebWelcomePage, String& pbstrSiteRoot, Guid& pgSiteId, UInt32& pdwVersion, String& pbstrTimeLastModified, String& pbstrContent, Byte& pVerGhostedSetupPath, UInt32& pdwPartCount, Object& pvarMetaData, Object& pvarMultipleMeetingDoclibRootFolders, String& pbstrRedirectUrl, Boolean& pbObjectIsList, Guid& pgListId, UInt32& pdwItemId, Int64& pllListFlags, Boolean& pbAccessDenied, Guid& pgDocid, Byte& piLevel, UInt64& ppermMask, Object& pvarBuildDependencySet, UInt32& pdwNumBuildDependencies, Object& pvarBuildDependencies, String& pbstrFolderUrl, String& pbstrContentTypeOrder) +28048655
       Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.GetWebPartPageContent(Uri pageUrl, Int32 pageVersion, PageView requestedView, HttpContext context, Boolean forRender, Boolean includeHidden, Boolean mainFileRequest, Boolean fetchDependencyInformation, Boolean& ghostedPage, Byte& verGhostedPage, String& siteRoot, Guid& siteId, Int64& bytes, Guid& docId, UInt32& docVersion, String& timeLastModified, Byte& level, Object& buildDependencySetData, UInt32& dependencyCount, Object& buildDependencies, SPWebPartCollectionInitialState& initialState, Object& oMultipleMeetingDoclibRootFolders, String& redirectUrl, Boolean& ObjectIsList, Guid& listId) +1750
       Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPRequestModuleData.FetchWebPartPageInformationForInit(HttpContext context, SPWeb spweb, Boolean mainFileRequest, String path, Boolean impersonate, Boolean& fGhostedPage, Byte& verGhostedPage, Guid& docId, UInt32& docVersion, String& timeLastModified, SPFileLevel& spLevel, String& masterPageUrl, String& customMasterPageUrl, String& webUrl, String& siteUrl, Guid& siteId, Object& buildDependencySetData, SPWebPartCollectionInitialState& initialState, String& siteRoot, String& redirectUrl, Object& oMultipleMeetingDoclibRootFolders, Boolean& objectIsList, Guid& listId, Int64& bytes) +23693169
       Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPRequestModuleData.GetFileForRequest(HttpContext context, SPWeb web, Boolean exclusion, String virtualPath) +608
       Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPRequestModule.InitContextWeb(HttpContext context, SPWeb web) +132
       Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.SPControl.SPWebEnsureSPControl(HttpContext context) +564
       Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPRequestModule.GetContextWeb(HttpContext context) +27
       Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPRequestModule.PostResolveRequestCacheHandler(Object oSender, EventArgs ea) +918
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +171

Sandra Ratis

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 8:54 AM
  • Hi Sandra Ratis

Please check the impersonate setting in your web.config, Please read this link for more information:

http://dotnetmafia.sys-con.com/node/1117422/mobile.

Thanks,

Lambda Zhao

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 10:01 AM
  • Hi,

thank you for your suggestion. I've checked it and it is set to true.

I made a comparison between web.confing before and after update:

The one after has this added:

In <appSettings> there is   <add key="aspnet:UseStrictParserRegex" value="true" />

And

<httpProtocol>
          <customHeaders>
            <add name="X-MS-InvokeApp" value="1; RequireReadOnly" />
          </customHeaders>
        </httpProtocol>
            <tracing>
                <traceFailedRequests>
                    <add path="*">
                        <traceAreas>
                            <add provider="ASP" verbosity="Verbose" />
                            <add provider="ASPNET" areas="Infrastructure,Module,Page,AppServices" verbosity="Verbose" />
                            <add provider="ISAPI Extension" verbosity="Verbose" />
                            <add provider="WWW Server" areas="Authentication,Security,Filter,StaticFile,CGI,Compression,Cache,RequestNotifications,Module,FastCGI" verbosity="Verbose" />
                        </traceAreas>
                        <failureDefinitions statusCodes="500" />
                    </add>
                </traceFailedRequests>
            </tracing>

And in  <authorizedTypes>

<authorizedType Assembly="System.Workflow.ComponentModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" Namespace="System.Workflow.*" TypeName="WorkflowCompiler" Authorized="False" />

Sandra Ratis

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 12:32 PM