SIP/2.0 491 Proxy side reinvite failed, pass result to GW RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

This error looks to have been posted about a year ago, however the post doesn't answer that makes any sense.  This is an error i get from Lync Server when the re-invite is sent from the Mediant 3k.  Lync reponds with the SIP/2.0 491 Proxy side reinvite failed, pass result to GW error.  Anyone ever seen this error before?  I have REFER off on the trunk and had disabled the RTCP ActiveCalls and CallsOnHold for testing with no success.  Any ideas would be great. 

Thanks!

MCITP-Enterprise Administrator | MCITP-Server Administrator | MCTS: OCS 2007 | MCTS: SharePoint 2007 | MCTS: WSS 3.0

Monday, October 1, 2012 7:08 PM

Answers

• Hey fella's i wanted to post back.  After digging through the M3k User Guide, we found a parameter we changed and made it work.  Changed this from 0 to 1.

Parameter Name: PLAYHELDTONEFORIP2IP
    Parameter New Value: 0
    Parameter Description:Enable play tone on other IP2IP leg instead of putting it on hold

Parameter New Value: 1
    Parameter Description:Enable play tone on other IP2IP leg instead of putting it on hold

MCITP-Enterprise Administrator | MCITP-Server Administrator | MCTS: OCS 2007 | MCTS: SharePoint 2007 | MCTS: WSS 3.0

• Marked as answer by Jason Sloan Thursday, October 4, 2012 5:32 PM
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 5:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Jason,

Is Media Bypass enabled?

I found something similar in another TechNet forum post.  It seemed to be a an AudioCodes configuration error.  I posted the link here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ocsvoice/thread/9a51f3c3-4cf4-4351-a27b-4c1fda61c11f

Adam Curry, UC Consultant, Unify Square Inc. (Blog, Twitter)

Looking for Lync Users Groups in your area? Check out Lync Users Group

Monday, October 1, 2012 7:39 PM
  • Hey Adam,

Thanks for the reply.  I did see that post as well...and MB is off.  I keep running into road blocks!

Monday, October 1, 2012 7:43 PM
  • Hi,

PLease configured the gateway to use only G711u-law then check the issue again.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 4:56 AM
  • Hey Sean,

I set the coder group on the Lync side to only use ulaw with no joy.  Is there another configuration I'm missing that I should set?

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 3:47 PM
  • On the Dialogic we use there is a VOIP configuration where you can select the codec(s) you want to use.  Your gateway may have similar options.
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 4:03 PM
  • Have you talked to AudioCodes support?  It seems that this would be on their side.

Adam Curry, UC Consultant, Unify Square Inc. (Blog, Twitter)

Looking for Lync Users Groups in your area? Check out Lync Users Group

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 6:40 PM
  • Hey Jason.

You are correct.  I can change the codec's offered on each side of the gateway.  I did turn on ulaw only for the Lync Side.

Adam,

I did open a support ticket with Audiocodes, they are pointing the finger back to Lync.  I can have a Shoretel user call Lync user and put them on/off hold just fine, so i'm not convinced its a global 491 Hold Failure from Lync.  The only time it shows up is when 2 Shoretel Users are on a call and they conference in the Lync User.  At that time, Shoretel attempts to put the Lync User on hold, Lync Sends back the 491 to the Gateway about a failure, but the Gateway never sends it on to Shoretel, so Shoretel continues to send invites trying to take it off Hold....then just fails.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 6:48 PM
  • Hey fella's i wanted to post back.  After digging through the M3k User Guide, we found a parameter we changed and made it work.  Changed this from 0 to 1.

Parameter New Value: 0

Parameter New Value: 1

• Marked as answer by Jason Sloan Thursday, October 4, 2012 5:32 PM
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 5:32 PM