none
Change edit permission for projects in project server 2013. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Project Server 2013, I have a scenario, Where PMO can initiate/create a new project, then Project manager will edit the project schedule(Project Manager should not have permission to create New Project, but can edit).

New Project permission I removed from Global Permission for Project Manager, it also removed the project edit permission. So, please help me out to achieve this.

Thanks.

Monday, November 10, 2014 6:17 AM

All replies

• After the PMO set up the project, do they set the correct Project Owner then save the project? Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Monday, November 10, 2014 7:08 AM
  • If you remove the edit permission then the PM will not be able anymore to update their project plans.

In addition to Paul's question, I'd mention that (assuming you're using the default groups and categories), you can edit the "my projects" category then select in the group section the "project managers" group. You'll see the permission given to the association of the group and category.

In those permission, make sure that the "open project" and "publish project" permissions are selected.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Monday, November 10, 2014 1:11 PM