Signature Collection workflow using DoD CAC RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I want to set up a Collect Signatures workflow for Department of Defense documents that require multiple Common Access Card (CAC) and/or Personal Identity Verification (PIV) digital signatures. Before I go trying to reinvent the wheel, has anybody already done this?  Any special considerations I should have in mind?  Is there a developer tool better suited to this kind of workflow?  Thanks!

Josh

Friday, November 20, 2015 5:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• Having written this, I wonder if I should just implement an Approval workflow.  The documents being added are counseling documents, and require sequential, hierarchical signatures. The people who need to sign these documents might want to (and frequently do) request a change be made by the author.  Adding a CAC signature is an implied task. 

BTW, I'd still happily take an answer to my original question.  Thanks!

Friday, November 20, 2015 6:01 PM
  • Hi Jackson,

According to your description, my understanding is that you may want to collect the CAC digital signatures for document using SharePoint workflow.

To read the digital signatures,we need a smart card reader to achieve it. Then users can submit the signatures using Signatures Collect Workflow.

More information:

common access card (CAC)

All about Collect Signatures workflows

Use a Collect Signatures workflow

Thanks

Best Regards

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 1:57 PM