none
Approval Workflow in Project Online. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am creating a workflow in Project Online environment by using SharePoint Designer 2013.

But It's not showing any workflow approval task.

Step by step procedure would be appreciated for creating approval workflow.

Thanks.

PSN

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 6:41 AM

All replies

• The workflow typically needs to be published before it's available.  Have you saved and published your workflow? 
    Wednesday, August 7, 2013 1:34 PM
  • Hi Steven,

I already saved and published the workflow from SharePoint Designer 2013. And I started a workflow but in this workflow, the approval is not coming.

The simple workflow is running properly. This problem I am facing only in approval kind of workflow.

I referred the link below for creating the approval workflow:

http://blogs.office.com/b/project/archive/2012/09/18/demand-management-sharepoint-designer-project-server.aspx

So, I need a step by step procedure to create simple workflow with approval.

Thanks.

PSN

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 6:08 PM
  • Hi PSN,

When you are using the built in approval workflow, does your Time sheet Manager receives any email or alerts regarding the time sheet approval required? I am also struggling with the same.

I have configured PWA and Time sheet Management but my resource can submit the time sheet to me, but I cant see any alert or email or anything pending my approval. Do you know where I can see list of pending approvals?

Regards,

Sumayya

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 5:07 AM
  • Did you take a look at this? https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn458867.aspx

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Monday, August 7, 2017 8:15 PM
  • Sumayya,

The workflow that PSN was talking about seems like a demand management workflow and not related to the timesheet management you are asking about. 

traditionally, there is no alert for timesheets. you should be able to see the pending approvals by clicking on Approvals from quick launch.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Monday, August 7, 2017 8:19 PM
  • Thank you Prasanna.
    Monday, August 7, 2017 11:13 PM